• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sailor Moon Crystal Set 1 on DVD/Blu-ray Previewed in Dubbed Trailer

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nagpo

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 6:12 pm Reply with quote
"(Video sourced from Japanese home media release) "

This is the best news as it means that it has the QUALITY fixed.
Omega13

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 7:39 pm Reply with quote
That's great and all, but when is original flavor Sailor Moon S coming out?
tofukitty

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Omega13 wrote:

My thoughts exactly
Though I did like this series more than most. Tux doesn't always save moon by throwing a rose. I liked that
That box is gorgeous, but I don't know if I'll get this
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 9:41 pm Reply with quote
nagpo wrote:
"(Video sourced from Japanese home media release) "

This is the best news as it means that it has the QUALITY fixed.

Have you seen the dubbed episodes on Hulu? Those are pretty much the same versions that were released on blu-ray in Japan.
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 9:50 pm Reply with quote
tofukitty wrote:
Omega13 wrote:

My thoughts exactly
Though I did like this series more than most. Tux doesn't always save moon by throwing a rose. I liked that

Hopefully soon, I mean, con season is coming, and they usually bring out posters and goodies of their upcoming continuous series. And also, if anything, there's the dub to watch on hulu if you're interested. (Though region restricted I doubt.)
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 11:03 pm Reply with quote
This looks so GOOD! I preordered it today.
SailorDJ

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 11:39 pm Reply with quote
I'm totally getting this. I just wished it came with the charms like the Blu-ray editions in Japan did.

NeoStrayCat wrote:
tofukitty wrote:
Omega13 wrote:

My thoughts exactly

Hopefully soon, I mean, con season is coming, and they usually bring out posters and goodies of their upcoming continuous series. And also, if anything, there's the dub to watch on hulu if you're interested. (Though region restricted I doubt.)

Yeah, but I want to own it. Sad
mangaka-chan

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 1:28 am Reply with quote
I'm so glad we get all the cover art without paying the price for 7 sets of DVD like the Japanese release. Anime hyper;;
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 2:25 am Reply with quote
Damn that's nice I never thought that Viz would ever release something in this great of a packaging well thank god I was proven wrong I'll definitely be getting this set upon release. Very Happy
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 3:04 am Reply with quote
So this is why Sailor Moon S still hasn't been released. Oh well, now I can save up some cash for that, I'm not interested in Crystal anyway.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
1dbad

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 3:09 am Reply with quote
Already watched the dub on Hulu, but I'm happy we finally have a home video release date. It looks gorgeous, and I love how close it is to the Japanese release. Hopefully there won't be too long of a gap between the Dark Kingdom and Black Moon arc releases either.

As for Sailor Moon S, I'm expecting news soon. The last episode of the second season will premiere dubbed on Hulu this Friday, and after that I expect they'll move their focus back to the redub. This would be the PERFECT time to release S's redub, given everyone is hyped over the Outer Guardians and the Death Busters thanks to the Japanese side of Crystal being on the Infinity arc now.

Hypeathon wrote:
Have you seen the dubbed episodes on Hulu? Those are pretty much the same versions that were released on blu-ray in Japan.

They are the same. Viz confirmed they got Blu-Ray masters a few months ago, and that the English dub on Hulu was going to be our first sneak peak of them.
manapear

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Pre-ordering it when I get my paycheck tomorrow~!
Though I also wish we were getting the charms, but given the bonuses for the Classic anime, I wasn't expecting much, lol. I love Viz, but I feel like SEs/bonuses are a weak point for them. (I dislike Funimation, but they definitely have that over Viz.)

Even though I'm also glad for the BR version for cases like ep 2, there are actually a few scenes here and there where I prefer the net versions expressions or something. But I look forward to watching it again, all cleaned up! ♥
katscradle

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Well I pre-ordered this now. I did think about holding off since I had trouble getting replacement discs for my Classic R Part 2 set. But, faulty disc don't happen that often right? It looks like a nice set. I hope the Black Moon arc will come out in short order too since I enjoyed the second season more.
1dbad

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 3:57 am Reply with quote
What's interesting is the R Part 2 error originally showed up in the Hulu upload of the episode. It got corrected and re-uploaded when pointed out, yet the error didn't get fixed on the home video releases before selling.

But the good news is there hasn't been any sort of error with the Hulu uploads of Crystal's dub. So unless one is introduced in authoring, we should be clear. Smile
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 5:27 am Reply with quote
1dbad, your are half-right because the remainder was uploaded on Hulu back in September. Then they took it down but kept the earlier episodes online. I actually have seen 23-4 of Crystal on Hulu.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2