• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kimi wa Pet/Tramps Like Us Manga Gets New Live-Action TV Series After 13 Years

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheAAA

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 11:28 pm Reply with quote
Wow, something with real people that I might actually watch. The manga's reeally good. What little josei stuff gets released in the US often is. I wish the collective intangible THEY would release more josei over here. I think I'm just a 35-year-old woman on the inside.
Ali07

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 6:42 am Reply with quote
Wow, something I wouldn't have expected. Not read the series, but I've been planning on hunting down volumes of it to read for myself.
Brand

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 10:35 am Reply with quote
TheAAA apparently josei doesn't sell well in the U.S. but I do agree I wish more of it would come out here. I'm actually a 35 year old woman and I think there is a lot of good stuff I would love to read. Kimi wa Pet was one of the first manga I got into (along with Parakiss) and I still love it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
feuerwerke

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 12:52 pm Reply with quote
This is awesome! I really love Kimi wa Petto.
Hellfish

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Is a common thing to have to live action series based on the same manga, on the same country? I have no idea, but Kimi wa pet is quite a beloved series and with good reason, the manga is really great and at least it was licensed all, but as Josei is a tricky sale hopes for other series are slim.. :/
SaitoHajime101

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 6:36 am Reply with quote
It's funny, I watched the Korean film several months ago. I didn't know it was actually based off a manga. I really enjoyed the film. It was different and a bit humorous. Better love story than some of the stuff that comes out of Hollywood that's for certain.
zensunni

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 10:18 am Reply with quote
I may have to watch this one! I really liked the manga, or at least what I have read of it... I don't remember if I finished it or not...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1