• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Maho Matsunaga Retires From Voice Acting, Graduates from Idol Unit StylipS

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 2:30 am Reply with quote
Very unfortunate to hear, but I wish her the best. Can't believe all the founding members are almost gone.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 3:43 am Reply with quote
This makes me wonder if Toudou Erena will have any part of the Love Live! Sunshine. I'm guessing not, but I expected cameos. Replacing a character in an anime like that where voice is everything is kinda rough.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 7:16 am Reply with quote
Seems she doesn't have the passion for voice-acting and only got the seiyuu work because she's on the idol unit (yet some people would probably claim she's preferable over a seasoned professional VA)
omoikane

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 9:08 am Reply with quote
This has been long time coming, there's some issue between her and Style Cube for the last couple years. Wonder if StylipS will actually go back to "normal" now...
Ryu Shoji

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 10:53 am Reply with quote
Such a shame, I was hoping A-RISE would have had a presence in Love Live! Sunshine and maybe even performed some new songs, considering that the movie spoiler[set the group up as going professional] and I actually prefer their music over a lot of μ's tracks.
CallumKeyblade

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 10:59 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
This makes me wonder if Toudou Erena will have any part of the Love Live! Sunshine. I'm guessing not, but I expected cameos. Replacing a character in an anime like that where voice is everything is kinda rough.

If there was going to be cameos I would have thought it would be Honoka & Eli's sisters as they'd likely be around the same age as the Sunshine!! girls.
jirg1901

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 11:16 am Reply with quote
omoikane wrote:
This has been long time coming, there's some issue between her and Style Cube for the last couple years. Wonder if StylipS will actually go back to "normal" now...

Yeah not a surprise, she's been pretty absent already and pretty much all her commitments ended.
Zoneflare

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Ryu Shoji wrote:
Such a shame, I was hoping A-RISE would have had a presence in Love Live! Sunshine and maybe even performed some new songs, considering that the movie spoiler[set the group up as going professional] and I actually prefer their music over a lot of μ's tracks.

That would defeat the purpose of the series since its about school idols.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 6:36 pm Reply with quote
A bit sad that she's departing from StylipS, but I wish Ms. Matsunaga-san the best as a DJ.
heavenwargod

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 2:19 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Seems she doesn't have the passion for voice-acting and only got the seiyuu work because she's on the idol unit (yet some people would probably claim she's preferable over a seasoned professional VA)

Because the unit was never a seller and the more prominent (ex-)members were more well-known individually (and as the YUIKAORI duo) than for the unit itself. I guess the patience runs out. Not trying to diss her but I do honestly think she and Noto stayed on for far longer than what most people expected.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:48 am Reply with quote
heavenwargod wrote:
Not trying to diss her but I do honestly think she and Noto stayed on for far longer than what most people expected.

How did Maho and Mamiko's presence affect the outlook of StylipS?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1