• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Love Live! Sunshine!! is Summer 2016's Most Anticipated Show

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
msvitch

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:22 pm Reply with quote
eeeeeehhhhhh???
no Masou gakien HxH?
Cetais

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:27 pm Reply with quote
msvitch wrote:
eeeeeehhhhhh???
no Masou gakien HxH?

Geez, I wonder why Razz
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Every time I take a look at these lists I seem to like the women's taste much better. I still haven't seen Love Live.

I voted for D.Gray-man Hallow, Saiki Kusuo no Psi Nan and Handa-kun.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:31 pm Reply with quote
Orange, Love Live Sunshine, Planetarian, and Rewrite.

Last couple years, summer has actually been my favorite season. School-Live! last year (and Charlotte, alas), Nozaki-kun the year before that.
Tensai GinAce

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:40 pm Reply with quote
thekingsdinner wrote:
Every time I take a look at these lists I seem to like the women's taste much better. I still haven't seen Love Live.

I voted for D.Gray-man Hallow, Saiki Kusuo no Psi Nan and Handa-kun.

I agree. but that's because most of the men who vote for these types of stuff are the Japanese otakus that have a room overflowing with moe girls and erotic figures. probably explains why Love Live is at #1
I personally consider Love live and its fans to be cancer and that it keeps making Anime's reputation in general worse and worse.... but every person has different tastes and opinions.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:45 pm Reply with quote
Fate/Kaleid 3rei is the only one I'm actively looking forward to, but I also have small hopes for Handa-kun (Barakamon was great) and Nanatsu no Taizai's specials (I do like the manga whenever it's not being too cliché)
+ 光

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:48 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if Sunshine! is a good place to jump into the franchise? I honestly don't want to watch the other two (three?) seasons, and I already have my hands full trying to catch up to D.Gray-man...

It's good to see Active Raid up there. Except for most of the sequels, I have no idea what to expect from these shows (in terms of what happens in the source material), so anything is possible.

I voted for Shokugeki's season 2, Cute High Earth Defense Club LOVE! LOVE!, and Mob Psycho 100. Like I said, I honestly do not know what to expect form the other shows. I am mighty curious about ReLife, Handa-kun, and the Moroso Mononokean though.

EDIT: I lied. I'm interested in Saiki Kusou no psi nan, Cheer boys!, Days, Battery, Orange, Servamp and maybe Kono bijitsu...., 91 Days.

And for Active Raid, Arslan and the Seven Deadly Sins, I did watch the first seasons, but on a scale of 1 to 10, my anticipation level is meh.

Last edited by + 光 on Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Muffum

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Some of these rankings confuse me, like how Active Raid is in both the men and women's top 10 rankings, while Mob Psycho 100's in neither, but Mob Psycho 100's higher than Active Raid in the cumulative.

Personally, summer's basically just a huge number of unknowns for me. There's Active Raid's second season, and I guess Love Live Sunshine despite a lot of its staff being different from the original's and me knowing nothing about the new cast, but I'm going into most everything else blind. I ended up voting Regalia, Amanchu, and Sunshine, more out of what I hope for from them than what I expect them to actually be like.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Muffum wrote:
Some of these rankings confuse me, like how Active Raid is in both the men and women's top 10 rankings, while Mob Psycho 100's in neither, but Mob Psycho 100's higher than Active Raid in the cumulative.

Because in truth it is probably a "low count" survey which probably has barely a few thousand votes in total (which is still probably lenient for a brief internet tally).
zerkaio

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:09 pm Reply with quote
Nejimaki Seirei Senki - Tenkyou no Alderamin is the great show that will air this summer and it's been sleep on
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:19 pm Reply with quote
Tensai GinAce wrote:
I agree. but that's because most of the men who vote for these types of stuff are the Japanese otakus that have a room overflowing with moe girls and erotic figures. probably explains why Love Live is at #1
You do realise that the show is at number 2 for women right?

Quote:
I personally consider Love live and its fans to be cancer and that it keeps making Anime's reputation in general worse and worse.... but every person has different tastes and opinions.
Why is it always some niche cutesy show non anime fans have probably never heard of that's ruining anime's reputation?

Also, bit of a tangent, but you can't just say something like that and follow it up with 'But hey, that's just my opinion!'
SnowyLightning44

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:25 pm Reply with quote
The ones I'm looking forward to the most are Amaama to Izazuma , Orange and ReLife
The others ones that look interesting to me as well are Battery, Kono Bijutsu-bu niwa Mondai ga Aru, Mob Psycho 100 and Shokugeki no Soma Season 2

Quote:
Last couple years, summer has actually been my favourite season

Me too, it always feels like there's more I really enjoy in the summer
unitmikey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, looking at the lineup I think the new Love Live might be the most exciting thing coming out. I was hoping a year ago that we would have a new Monster Musume season at this point, but oh well.

However, if we are going for the most anticipated hate-watch I’m still holding out for First Love Monster (although I was hoping Keijo!! Would be ready by summer because of the water sports content).
Parse Error

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Muffum wrote:

Unless I'm just hallucinating from having too much blood in my alcohol stream, the source lists Arslan Senki: Fuujin Ranbu as #7 among women, whereas this article has Active Raid in that spot, which would explain the discrepancy.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Not really a surprise when there's not really anything else super hype coming out
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4