• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Re:Zero Novels Have 1 Million Copies in Print

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:55 pm Reply with quote
Cool, glad to see the series getting the boost after the anime adaptation. It's not surprising but Re:Zero's success is something I'm happy to see.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
msvitch

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:33 pm Reply with quote
OMFG I hope they could release an English translation version soon! Exclamation
If they do that 1 million will run out within a few hours since the anime is already extremely popular and has dominated the season
DDragonking

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:48 pm Reply with quote
msvitch wrote:
If they do that 1 million will run out within a few hours since the anime is already extremely popular and has dominated the season
They are I think either the ln, manga, or both for the first volume is gonna come out like in July or August
msvitch

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:07 am Reply with quote
DDragonking wrote:
msvitch wrote:
They are I think either the ln, manga, or both for the first volume is gonna come out like in July or August

I think the english sales purpose is to not let fans read ahead of the anime and spoiling themselves into knowing what's coming
Wrathful

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:41 am Reply with quote
Terrible anime seems to be popular these days like Sword Art Online and Irregular at Magic High School. Re:Zero is another one of these anime disguising itself as a deconstruction of a main character stuck in another world and ended up another edgy harem anime trying so hard to shock the audience.
msvitch

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:07 am Reply with quote
Wrathful wrote:
Terrible anime seems to be popular these days like Sword Art Online and Irregular at Magic High School. Re:Zero is another one of these anime disguising itself as a deconstruction of a main character stuck in another world and ended up another edgy harem anime trying so hard to shock the audience.

Is that so?
Then recommend us good anime please, in your opinion
Afezeria

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:56 am Reply with quote
Wrathful wrote:
Wow, your opinion is clearly of your own. Do us all a favor and keep that to yourself, thank you very much. I am going to enjoy watching anime, and I hope people like you slowy started dissipating in number.
SpookyPie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:12 am Reply with quote
I'm very happy the series is going so well.

Wrathful wrote:

Everyone has different preferences and likes different things, but you sir lost my respect at the end there. Yes the series has dark or "edgy" themes but in my opinion the series handles the themes extremely well, I don't understand why people these days think we can't have shows with dark themes, instead they just throw around the term edgy every 5 seconds, but whatever you're not a fan of darker themes fine. However when we get to the harem part, I feel like people that attempt to insult the series by using that word are people that don't know how to have regular female friends. The main character shows attraction and interest in one female character, asks her out on a date, tells her to her face how beautiful she is, non of the other female characters are interested in him romantically, they are just friends and nothing more.
Also yes he gets pulled into another world and that's a popular trend these days, I understand not liking it, but if it's done well I don't see the problem with it personally, which in my opinion it is done well here.
It's fine to not like a series, the series does have flaws without a doubt, but people attempting to slander the series by calling it edgy and/or a harem is becoming a weird trend to me.
cloud8100

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:37 am Reply with quote
Wrathful wrote:

Wouldn't really consider Re:Zero a harem or "edgy" anime at all.
Its telling a story, that's all. Spectacularly done better than a lot of other shows I've seen, not just anime. It doesn't feel like its forcing itself either.

I've never even heard of Irregular at Magic High School. :-\.
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:15 am Reply with quote
cloud8100 wrote:
Wrathful wrote:

Wouldn't really consider Re:Zero a harem or "edgy" anime at all.
Its telling a story, that's all. Spectacularly done better than a lot of other shows I've seen, not just anime. It doesn't feel like its forcing itself either.

I've never even heard of Irregular at Magic High School. :-\.

You should try it out. Very Happy

Not the anime tho. Read the LN's that are coming out (i'm still waiting for ANN's review <.<) and then try the anime, or better yet, only try the anime out if want see a bit of good animation and whatnot.
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:18 am Reply with quote
It's great to see RE:Zero doing so well in Japan and and so long as this leads to more Anime than I'm perfectly content with it. Very Happy
Dracospirit121

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:33 am Reply with quote
Re:Zero a curious beast IMHO. A lot of its elements are very standard make your own anime kit material... but the attention on characterization and tone makes it stand out from the crowd.
xyz

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:15 am Reply with quote
Wrathful wrote:

It's true that many popular titles are terrible but I don't think this one is that bad. I think it's better than those two titles (although I do admit it's looking more and more like a harem.)
Admiral Pizzaman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:50 am Reply with quote
Wrathful wrote:

While SpookyPie said everything I wanted to say, I 'd like to point out that Re:Zero so far contained little or no fanservices which is a big plus for me. Also, This anime is nothing like SAO or the Irregular at Magical High School and even it's not worthed to be compared IMO.

In fact, why don't you try it first before jumping to conclusion?
ThatGuyWhoLikesThings

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:06 am Reply with quote
Wrathful wrote:

Nice bait. Try harder next time.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2