• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ben Diskin, Michelle Ruff Star as Satoru in Erased English Dub

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nyren

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:28 am Reply with quote
So Funimation got the streaming rights, but Aniplex got everything else? Well, we can expect the blu-rays to be expensive.
Treeborn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:32 am Reply with quote
Not even remotely interested in picking this up. Not only will it be expensive, but the series peaked very early on. And those last few seconds from the finale aren't enough to change my mind.
DuchessBianca

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:33 am Reply with quote
Nyren wrote:
So Funimation got the streaming rights, but Aniplex got everything else? Well, we can expect the blu-rays to be expensive.

Yeah, Funimation seems to have the streaming license (think that's the correct word to use) for quite a few Aniplex shows but Aniplex owns the home video rights and all that stuff.

------------------

The trailer sounds really great! AoA is on a roll! Absolutely can't wait to see this show and hopefully AoA announces the LE contents at AX and it goes up for order. I always smile and get so happy when I see Christine Cabanos on a cast list, my favorite VA <3
Barbobot

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:52 am Reply with quote
Nyren wrote:

Aniplex has recently been selling streaming rights to multiple companies to stream, but then the physical distribution rights go to Aniplex USA. Funimation wasn't the only company streaming ERASED as Crunchyroll had it as well. The exact same thing happened with Asterisk.
Kb24lol

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Will this be on funimations streaming or on netflix? I wanna guess netflix since most of aniplexs titles go there but funimations streamed the series in sub.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Jesus, this dub is coming out VERY fast for a non-Funimation production. Totally looking forward to it, although I might switch to the manga after watching the first ten episodes...
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:49 pm Reply with quote
Wow! Aniplex USA is moving fast with ERASED. It finished airing just 3 months ago, and we might have dubbed BD's before the end of this year. I look forward to buy it.

Nyren wrote:

And this is the reason why I think it is moronic for Aniplex USA to let Funimation stream their titles. People automatically assume that Funimation has disc rights.

Gemnist wrote:
Jesus, this dub is coming out VERY fast for a non-Funimation production.

Are you implying that Funimation does speedy disc releases? Because they often take forever to release their stuff.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:49 pm Reply with quote
No. I was referring to their broadcast dubs, not physical releases.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:24 pm Reply with quote
I loved this show, but it being an Aniplex release pretty much rules out me getting it. Too bad, too, the dub cast seems pretty solid.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Gemnist

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:47 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
I loved this show, but it being an Aniplex release pretty much rules out me getting it. Too bad, too, the dub cast seems pretty solid.

This is why I have a Netflix account. AoA always puts their dubs on the site, so I will legally stream the series there; either that, or I will use Funimation if it gets on their site.

As for the cast, I was really hoping that Johnny Yong Bosch got to play Satoru because he is so versatile he could play both the adult and child versions of him, but I like Ben Diskin and LOVE Michelle Ruff so we'll see how it plays out. I also like all the other actors, and am pleased to see Cherami and Stephanie in their respective roles. But it's interesting to note how the ones for Sachiko and Yashiro are practically new - like VERY new (Sachiko's wasn't even in the database until now, and she sounds great in the trailer). I recognize everyone else from other roles, but it's always nice to have new talent.
CaRoss

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:41 pm Reply with quote
This sounds so freaking excellent. Erased is already my front runner for best anime of 2016, and this dub may push it over the top.

I'm loving the sound of all the voices shared here, they fit really well as far as I'm concerned, and I'm even happier to know that the ADR director is the same man who worked on Blue Exorcist and all of the Haruhi Suzumiya anime. He's proven himself to be a top notch ADR director and deserves a lot of props for his work.

I'm so pumped I'm practically giddy over this!
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:56 pm Reply with quote
Love the choice of voices and acting! I misread tagline, I was thinking Michelle sounded just like a guy (what a range)...I'm going to get this unless >$40.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Grown up Satoru sounds bad, like not bad as in bad VA, but bad as in there is no maturity behind his voice like in the Japanese cast. The Japanese VA made him sound very calm and mature - but this voice sounds like a teenager going through puberty with a voice crack. Heck, this would be okay for his younger version, maybe. But not grown up Satoru.

And yeah, as others mentioned, the show was a letdown. Mostly the last few anti-climactic episodes. Either way, brace yourselves for four sets of 3 episodes at $80 each. That's my guess.
DuchessBianca

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:
Love the choice of voices and acting! I misread tagline, I was thinking Michelle sounded just like a guy (what a range)...I'm going to get this unless >$40.

It's Aniplex so it'll most likely be split into 2 parts, each part being $75-$90 depends how much they plan to put in the LE.
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Nyren wrote:

well that is the only thing that sucks. at least the dub have a high quality cast for the series.

also is it me or does satoru look a hell of a lot like shiro from log horizon??? was it created by the same guy or something cause the resemblance is seriously uncanny.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2