• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Official Yuruyuri Manga Twitter Account Gets Off to Shaky Start

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:44 am Reply with quote
Holy Cow! If that was supposed to be Akarin talking, it's way out of character. Even if it was Kyoko, it'd be out of line. Someone just ended their career in internet marketing. So remember boys and girls, when submitting comments, pause to think of how it will sound before hitting "submit"...

Last edited by Hiroki not Takuya on Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:45 am Reply with quote
I really hope this wont damage too much the image of the series because i would really like to watch another season of yuru yuri Smile
But else ye this twits really surprised me they kinda got carried away almost felt like the account got hacked and someone was having fun with it *-*
Yuri Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:45 am Reply with quote
Actar

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:56 am Reply with quote
Quote:
"I may have started this time on a Saturday, but I'm a classic millennial, so I take Saturdays off. My tweets from now on will be weekday only. I'm taking the weekend off! I'll sleep all day!"

What. (-.-) This is the actual writer of the tweets talking, isn't it? Forget your boss, let's not broadcast how lazy you are to the entire world, okay?
Mewzard

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:02 am Reply with quote
You know, this makes me wonder how Japanese fans would react to the American Sonic twitter. Because that thing can be the Trolliest Thing Alive.
Niyari

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:16 am Reply with quote
Quote:
I'm not thinking bad thoughts, so I didn't know you guys were. Well who cares about any of you? To exaggerate, I wouldn't think anything if you died. That has nothing to do with reality, but the point is, I feel nothing towards you.

lol wow. this is what happens when you let Hachiman run a twitter account
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:29 am Reply with quote
Oh, yes...They've gone a bit too far with the jokes. Particularly this one:

Quote:
"I may have started this time on a Saturday, but I'm a classic millennial, so I take Saturdays off. My tweets from now on will be weekday only. I'm taking the weekend off! I'll sleep all day!"

Who knows, perhaps someone that posted this message might receive a vacation credit as a result. Wink
digidragon
ANN Past Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Yuri Fan wrote:

Thanks for pointing this out! That part is fixed now.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:21 pm Reply with quote
All these years I thought the anti-bully ranger was the official account
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:45 am Reply with quote
Off to a shaky start indeed. Hopefully this doesn't hurt the image since I would like to see more Yuruyuri Anime in the future. Smile
Arale Kurashiki

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:10 am Reply with quote
okay so apparently my allcaps was considered Not Constructive (probably a good sign really, even if i wasn't being totally serious) so let me say it again. i really don't see why this matters that much. twitter is a silly site. it's not exactly professionalism. this is very much a japanese cultural thing that is causing this to be considered a big deal. an otaku cultural thing too - it's very likely the fact that the show is moe innocence-fetish content that led to people complaining, since the twitter goes against that attitude by being parodical

i'm honestly surprised to see everybody else shunning it too - i thought westerners on the internet loved to insult others for being offended over things. i guess anime is a sacred topic as usual
JaggedAuthor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Although I wasn't amused by any of these jokes, I didn't really find them offensive, either. They're definitely out-of-character (assuming the tweeter was attempting to take on the persona of Akari), but none of them gave me pause in the slightest.
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:35 pm Reply with quote
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:
So remember boys and girls, when submitting comments, pause to think of how it will sound before hitting "submit"...
Reading these messages, I got the impression they outsourced things to Microsoft.
feuerwerke

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:06 am Reply with quote
Welp. This is not the way I want to see a cute yuri comedy represented. Screw you, whoever ran that twitter.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1