• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Crunchyroll Details Streaming for Sweetness & Lightning, Love Live! Sunshine!!, Fudanshi Kōkō Se

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrowLia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:49 am Reply with quote
Expletive filled Soapboxing rant post removed. ~ Psycho 101
Yuri Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:50 am Reply with quote
Great... Love Live! Sunshine not licensed in Finland...
Rivailloli

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:56 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
I don't even care about Love Live, but the fact that Funi got that license and deprived the entire Latin America region of such a widely anticipated show is a really dick move. [expletive] sublicense that to Crunchyroll or get your shit together and open up shop down south. I've friends who absolutely love that franchise and it's some absolute bullshit that they won't be able to watch it legally. Whoever sold the rights to Funi fucked up big time.

Seriously though. Funi needs to stop with their twat moves and they need to stop screwing over fans of shows like this. It's honestly part of the reason why I don't bother giving them any money anymore besides a number of other issues they have with their service. I know you may not care to be able to watch LL, but you still get screwed out of other shows like Cheer Boys!! and stuff, so I feel bad.
Shirο

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:48 am Reply with quote
Crunchyroll is a good site, but as someone who lives in Greece i feel its kind of unfair that so many series are not licensed here

maybe instead of hiring pirate hunters japan should create a site that holds ALL anime, available everywhere...
well not that that will stop piracy but i think it will be more effective in limiting it than the BS they are trying
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:19 am Reply with quote
Rivailloli wrote:
CrowLia wrote:
I don't even care about Love Live, but the fact that Funi got that license and deprived the entire Latin America region of such a widely anticipated show is a really dick move. [expletive] sublicense that to Crunchyroll or get your shit together and open up shop down south. I've friends who absolutely love that franchise and it's some absolute bullshit that they won't be able to watch it legally. Whoever sold the rights to Funi fucked up big time.

Seriously though. Funi needs to stop with their twat moves and they need to stop screwing over fans of shows like this. It's honestly part of the reason why I don't bother giving them any money anymore besides a number of other issues they have with their service. I know you may not care to be able to watch LL, but you still get screwed out of other shows like Cheer Boys!! and stuff, so I feel bad.

Can't really blame them. They license shows so they can make they money. Getting mad at them for not streaming in certain places is like yelling at the wind. If they don't want to expand they market they don't have to. It's their prerogative.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:44 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
I don't even care about Love Live, but the fact that Funi got that license and deprived the entire Latin America region of such a widely anticipated show is a really dick move. [expletive] sublicense that to Crunchyroll or get your shit together and open up shop down south.

Given that the official website for the series touts "worldwide release" (http://www.lovelive-anime.jp/uranohoshi/worldwide/), they are going to need to license it to someone that will bring it to your region, or be guilty of making a false proclamation.

As of yet, they have a ways to go to qualify as worldwide, and CR or Daisuki are the only two platforms I am aware of that could fill the gap.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:23 am Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:

Can't really blame them. They license shows so they can make they money. Getting mad at them for not streaming in certain places is like yelling at the wind. If they don't want to expand they market they don't have to. It's their prerogative.

But they could, you now a) not license it for the entire American continent so someone else can grab the license here or b)sublicense it to someone who does provide service to Latin America or c) make good on their promise to expand to this region, which they've been saying for a good two or three years

Like I said, I don't really care for Love Live. Since Funi got the exclusive license, even if it makes it on Daisuki it'll be with delaycast, like everything they own, which is utter shit. Cheer Danshi pisses me off, I was really looking forward to that one. Not that Funi's bullshit will keep me from watching it but, you know, it'd be nice to have a legal option.
Blatch
Thread Killer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:21 am Reply with quote
Britain may be right smack in the middle of a fascist takeover, but at least they get better subs for Love Live! Sunshine!!.

Anime cry
Polycell

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:48 pm Reply with quote
This may be the first time I'm glad Horrible Subs exists. I was hoping against hope that Crunchyroll managed a shared license for North America, but nope! Funi gobbled it up so they could destroy yet another good series.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:09 pm Reply with quote
How about we actually get onto the topic people instead of just mindlessly ranting about Funimation.
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:44 pm Reply with quote
Amaama to Inazuma was pretty good

it's like a combination of Barakamon + Usagi Drop Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1