• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Right Stuf Announces Gundam 0083 Afterglow of Zeon, Galaxy Angel, More Gundam License Rescues

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NOGI48

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:33 pm Reply with quote
*Snaps teeth* Still no G gundam.
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:35 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, so much Gundam! Will definitely get 0080 and F91. Since it looks like they're going through everything universal century now, I'm hoping they'll announce 08th MS Team and Victory next time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Fronzel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Good set of rescues. The first two Galaxy Angel series are very funny (hope we see that second series re-released as well) and Gundam 0080 is an actually intelligent anti-war statement where anime is drowned in banal and shallow ones.

Parts of 0083 are OK, too.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Might want to mention that Nozomi announced that they are planning to give Nadesico and A Town Where You Live a Blu-ray release.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Galaxy Angel was one of the very first anime i ever watched...it has been so long now that i have practically forgot it..excpet for a few things...good thing it is coming back...it is practically one of the very few franchises that madhouse ever made multiple seasons.

Also nice to see martian successor nendesco being rescued...i still have yet to watch it..but now this will allow me to see it in more high definition Very Happy
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Very glad to see that the Gundam 0083 OVA is coming out on BD; to me it is one of the best looking and best animated anime of all time.

I hope The MS 8th Team is soon announced on BD. I also want 0080, but I will wait for a BD release.
LuckyAstei

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:50 pm Reply with quote
I'm more suprized that the 0083 movie is comming out here that was previously unreleased here in the states. Now here's the question is it worth double dipping for the movie and the OVA does the Movie add anything to the story of the OVA?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
veemonjosh

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:51 pm Reply with quote
NOGI48 wrote:
*Snaps teeth* Still no G gundam.

Right Stuf's plan at the moment seems to be focusing on roll out all the Universal Century series as well as any series that were previously unreleased here. With this announcement they're down to 08th MS Team, Victory, and MS Igloo for UC content, and AGE is now the sole unreleased non-UC series.

We'll probably hear about plans for Wing, G, Seed/Destiny, and 00 after that.

Edit: Just noticed sources are reporting they announced Reconguista in G as well. Weird that ANN would leave that off the article as I'd say that a previously unreleased Gundam series making it over here is FAR more significant than a crummy recap film.

Last edited by veemonjosh on Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
treatment

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:53 pm Reply with quote
Awesome news! Especially Galaxy Angel!

However, will this be just the original series or all of the GA series? Hopefully all (except GA-Rune) and TRSI gets the original english-VA's back together to dub the rest of GA-X.

Wishing their next rescue will be Tennimon and in the complete 26-ep series form...

Very Happy

---

btw, don't bother rescuing GA-Rune. It sucks.

Last edited by treatment on Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
The American Average

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:56 pm Reply with quote
looking forward to Bluray Wing whenever that happens.
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:59 pm Reply with quote
treatment wrote:
Awesome news! Especially Galaxy Angel!

However, will this be just the original series or all of the GA series?

It was clearly talking about the first series. These are good announcements, but I'm still anticipating blu-ray news for Utena.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:09 pm Reply with quote
LuckyAstei wrote:
I'm more suprized that the 0083 movie is comming out here that was previously unreleased here in the states. Now here's the question is it worth double dipping for the movie and the OVA does the Movie add anything to the story of the OVA?

Hell no. It's probably one of the worst compilation films I've ever seen, let alone for Gundam, and I've seen the original SEED trilogy!
Volt1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:13 pm Reply with quote
It's not cool that the article outright ignored their G-Reco rescue though
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:22 pm Reply with quote
More Gundam? Whatever.

But a license rescue of Galaxy Angel? Awesome.
But it's just the first season and it's going to be on BD? Why? It's from the digipaint era, after cel but before anyone really got really good at doing it cheaply. Ok, to be honest, I just need Z and A to finish my collection and I'd rather not have to pay 100 dollars a season for them. So color me "interested but confused".

But if they could do the whole thing in a megachunk BD package, that would be different. Vanilla, Z, A, AA and X? That would be so, so awesome.

Amazing series; It wasn't always funny because they had the nerve to be profound... though good luck explaining how that happened.
treatment

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:

But it's just the first season and it's going to be on BD? Why? It's from the digipaint era, after cel but before anyone really got really good at doing it cheaply. Ok, to be honest, I just need Z and A to finish my collection and I'd rather not have to pay 100 dollars a season for them. So color me "interested but confused".

That's an interesting point.

How was the quality of the japanese BD of GA first-series that was released back in 2012?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3