• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sekai Project Announces World End Economica on PS4/PS Vita, Baldr Sky on PC, More (Updated)

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PantsuPillow

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:40 am Reply with quote
Wait so no adult version for SukaSuka nor Baldr Sky only for Boku to Koisuru Ponkotsu Akuma... That's depressing.

I hope they reconsider because then I would actually buy all of them.
Mr. Nescio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:49 am Reply with quote
The Baldr Sky announcement might be the biggest visual novel news since the announcement of Muv-Luv. Baldr Sky is one of the titles the visual novel fans want most to be translated, for example in this poll it got second place.
MCAL

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:31 am Reply with quote
PantsuPillow wrote:
Wait so no adult version for SukaSuka nor Baldr Sky only for Boku to Koisuru Ponkotsu Akuma... That's depressing.

I hope they reconsider because then I would actually buy all of them.
Actually SukaSuka is getting an 18+ release.
Silicon Skies

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:15 am Reply with quote
I honestly never thought we would see Baldr Sky out here, this is shocking.
razisgosu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:24 am Reply with quote
If there's an 18+ version it had better be localized or I'll just skip it. I'm not a fan of sekais heavy focus on all age products.
Shouryu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Baldr sky sex scenes are mostly weird loli and fake incest shenanigans . spoiler[One unavoidable sex scene had this 30 years old loli being gang raped but was OK the next second because she's used to it or something. Whatever though, it's also a game where an adult lady got reborned as a loli for plot reason which seems like an excuse for fetishistic loli waifu so eh.] Part and parcel of eroge but still personally think that game will be better if it's all age and have no awkward trashy scenes like those.

The arena battle is still cool but story is really pulpy with some interesting but lewd concepts such as spoiler[ is it incestuous to love the clone of your mother?] It was excuted in a very trashy and pandering manner but still kinda genius because it's actually a pretty interesting question.

Last edited by Shouryu on Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
strawberry-kun

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:51 am Reply with quote
I guess I can give up on seeing the 18+ version of Baldr Sky since Sekai Project got it. On the plus side, I'll save some money since I won't be buying an all ages release. I hate what Steam has done to the visual novel market.
MCAL

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:49 pm Reply with quote
I too hate that Visual Novels have reached a wider audience and may actually be flourishing.

Not to mention the fact that only one of Sekai licenses so far doesn't have a 18+ version (Others like Grisaia no Meikyuu are going to have one and stiff like Maitetsu are still in the negotiating phase) and that was the fault of the Japanese publishers themselves. And if Badlr Sky doesn't get one that will mostly be the fault of the Japanese publishers too.

Besides everyone who has played Baldr (And considers one of their favorite VNs too.) is saying pretty much all the sex scenes are superfluous.
strawberry-kun

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:23 pm Reply with quote
MCAL wrote:
I too hate that Visual Novels have reached a wider audience and may actually be flourishing.

If visual novels have to all agify everything in order to appeal to the Steam audience, then yes, **** the wider audience. Do what Mangagamer and Jast do and release both. Everyone is happy that way.

MCAL wrote:
Not to mention the fact that only one of Sekai licenses so far doesn't have a 18+ version (Others like Grisaia no Meikyuu are going to have one and stiff like Maitetsu are still in the negotiating phase) and that was the fault of the Japanese publishers themselves. And if Badlr Sky doesn't get one that will mostly be the fault of the Japanese publishers too.

Two things. Firstly, we were supposed to get news about Maitetsu and a few other games regarding their 18+ versions at AX. Guess what we didn't hear? Oh, right. Sekai Project conveniently says absolutely nothing again. I'd actually prefer to hear a no rather than sitting here still wandering whether or not these titles will ever get an 18+ release. They did the same thing with G-Senjou. They released their all ages tripe and proceeded to never mention whether they were going to do an 18+ version until way, way later. The answer was no anyway, but it's still nice to know. It's called communication. Sekai needs to get better at it.

Secondly, I'm highly dubious about Sekai's blaming Japanese publishers. I'm sure for some that is the case, but let's look at G-Senjou again. They blamed Akabei Soft2. There is a Kickstarter for one of Akabei Soft2's titles, Sharin no Kuni, right now. Guess what's available? An official 18+ patch. From the same publisher that Sekai said wouldn't do 18+ versions. Front Wing is behind the project for the record.

While I'm ranting I might as well mention how us 18+ Grisaia fans got the shaft. Again. The Fruit of Grisaia came out several months after the all ages one came out. We still don't even know when 18+ release of The Labyrinth of Grisaia is coming out when the all ages one is out now.

MCAL wrote:
Besides everyone who has played Baldr (And considers one of their favorite VNs too.) is saying pretty much all the sex scenes are superfluous.

Don't care. I want the equivalent to the original release that Japan got. Besides, I would like to decide for myself whether I would want them in or not. I don't need companies or other people telling me what I want. And I like that kind of stuff in general, so yeah.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1