• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: BanG Dream! Girls Band Project Gets 2017 TV Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SEGAtheGENESIS234

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Looks like a cross between K-On and Love Live. It'll find its audience though. Smile
HikaruSniper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:02 pm Reply with quote
So sad to see that years ago Anime industry turned from something for fans to something for companies (notice the awful lot of "music" related animes? - everything gets a "musical" these days...)
Not saying this show or others are bad, but theyre created with the single purpose of making money in mind.
Old Anime fans will get what Im saying.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:02 pm Reply with quote
I have been expecting to happen and and now it has come. Love their first MV.

SEGAtheGENESIS234 wrote:
Looks like a cross between K-On and Love Live. It'll find its audience though. Smile

Oh boy, I hope this will be the case! We really need more spoiler[no-self-insert, romanceless,] music series like K-On and Love Live. Looking forward to this.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:23 pm Reply with quote
HikaruSniper wrote:
So sad to see that years ago Anime industry turned from something for fans to something for companies (notice the awful lot of "music" related animes? - everything gets a "musical" these days...)
Not saying this show or others are bad, but theyre created with the single purpose of making money in mind.

So tell me how this is different from say when say a studio that are contracted with a toy producing company that make a show that pretty much advertises toy robots in fictional wars all so that children will buy plastics model kits.

The media may have slightly changed over the decades, but the fundamental strategy is still the same, get the target audience hooked and they will buy all the multimedia crap.
HikaruSniper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:28 pm Reply with quote
FenixFiesta wrote:
HikaruSniper wrote:

So tell me how this is different from say when say a studio that are contracted with a toy producing company that make a show that pretty much advertises toy robots in fictional wars all so that children will buy plastics model kits.

The media may have slightly changed over the decades, but the fundamental strategy is still the same, get the target audience hooked and they will buy all the multimedia crap.

Compare the drawing & animation quality from, say, 15 years ago to the actual ones.
Go back further and the difference becomes huge.
GG
Rederoin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:35 pm Reply with quote
HikaruSniper wrote:

That has been like that for decades, welcome to entertainment that requires a sizeable budget.

HikaruSniper wrote:

Compare the drawing & animation quality from, say, 15 years ago to the actual ones.
GG

Animation quality has, objectively, improved. Not sure where your going with this?
Took a good look at 70s tv series(i.e Treasure Island) to now.
HikaruSniper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:37 am Reply with quote
Rederoin wrote:
HikaruSniper wrote:

That has been like that for decades, welcome to entertainment that requires a sizeable budget.

HikaruSniper wrote:

GG

Animation quality has, objectively, improved. Not sure where your going with this?
Took a good look at 70s tv series(i.e Treasure Island) to now.

For example Naruto, an AAA product has some terrible drawn scenes, and we are talking about a MASSIVE AAA product (I didn't even watch 1 full episode of Naruto, not lying, to me its a simple garbage copy of Dragon Ball)
2-3 decades ago the purpose of Anime shows was to sell the product itself and, then, they would try selling related stuff.
Nowadays Anime is created with the single purpose of selling the related stuff.
The original Anime spirit is long gone, its all bussiness now. You have your opinion, I have mine. Nothing wrong with that.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:42 am Reply with quote
HikaruSniper wrote:

For example Naruto, an AAA product has some terrible drawn scenes, and we are talking about a MASSIVE AAA product (I didn't even watch 1 full episode of Naruto, not lying, to me its a simple garbage copy of Dragon Ball)
2-3 decades ago the purpose of Anime shows was to sell the product itself and, then, they would try selling related stuff.
The original Anime spirit is long gone, its all bussiness now. You have your opinion, I have mine. Nothing wrong with that.

Its not an opinion, its a fact. Cherry picking long-runners won't help you.

Animation tech has improved, that can't be denied.
The main purpose is still profit, can also not be denied.
Shows purely created for merch have also always been a thing.

Or you really think a show like treasure island has animation quality above that of your standard 1-cour shows?
HikaruSniper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:34 am Reply with quote
Rederoin wrote:
HikaruSniper wrote:

Its not an opinion, its a fact. Cherry picking long-runners won't help you.

Animation tech has improved, that can't be denied.
The main purpose is still profit, can also not be denied.
Shows purely created for merch have also always been a thing.

Or you really think a show like treasure island has animation quality above that of your standard 1-cour shows?

Not like Im gonna spend time finding and posting proves.
Im off this thread.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1