• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Natsume's Book of Friends Season 5 Unveils New Visual, October Premiere

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blaizevincent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:48 am Reply with quote
WOW I don't know about you guys but that Visual has sold me! Clearly the next season is going some places!!! Laughing

In all seriousness though I'm looking forward to this season so much.
tophg

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:12 am Reply with quote
I'm so completely stoked to see Nyanko-sensei in action again, and it's great to see the core team reformed. No doubt we'll see the results of everything they've learned on their different journeys since.

This is a very undervalued series, IMHO, and perhaps this new season will bring in some new fans. Natsume and Nyanko-sensei are one of the all-time great anime partnerships, and most of the seasons had a pitch-perfect combination of design, music - oh that first season ED made me tear up every time - characterisation and storytelling. The distinctive mood of wistfulness and underlying melancholy as Natsume deals with the loss of his parents and his early childhood memories of being victimised due to his abilities by humans and yokai alike, combined with the action and humour and all of the interesting lore around their yokai and their individual stories, is really unique. The Morose Mononokean doesn't even come close, though it tries. Watching Natsume slowly come out of his self-imposed shell as he learns to trust others and accept his abilities over the course of the 4 seasons was a really moving journey.

Such a shame that Hulu pulled the previous 4 seasons from its catalogue just this June ... but I guess I'll be marathoning again via Crunchyroll in the lead up to the premiere.
RocketOtter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:19 am Reply with quote
This series has so many episodes (when combining all seasons of course (assuming this one is 13 as well)) it could practically be considered a long-runner.

At least more episodes as many are predicting something like Twin Star Exorcists has. (Like 64-65 vs 50)
iashakezula

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:51 am Reply with quote
Very Happy woohoo one of my favorite in years !!

I haven't kept up with the manga so its good to know the anime is back !!! I am happy to hear Kamiya san and Inoue san , the duo back.
grooven

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:09 pm Reply with quote
SO much hype! I can not wait. Such a beautiful anime that deserves all the love and attention it gets.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:30 pm Reply with quote
I'm super super excited about this, can't wait for October

But man, that Visual is really underwhelming. I really hope they make a different one when the premiere is closer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:12 pm Reply with quote
He looks all grown up now
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:00 am Reply with quote
Absolutely can't wait!!!!!!!!

It'll probably premier late night on Monday, October 3rd (effectively Tuesday) since the advanced screening event is the day before on Sunday, October 2nd.
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:07 am Reply with quote
Between this and Durarara!!, Takahiro Omori will never be out of work.
quirks

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:21 pm Reply with quote
I've been waiting FOREVER for this!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy My heart missed a beat on reading the headline.

The manga is great, but watching it just tears me up. I can't wait to get all emotional!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1