• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation Blu-ray Disc Ranking, August 22-28

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:05 am Reply with quote
No Monogatari, but Zootopia decides to interfere with Osomatsu domination. Selector Bomba Wixoss. spoiler[Yes, I said that one on purpose.]
dark13

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:06 am Reply with quote
Great to See JoJo part 4 and IBO do great Smile
consignia

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:44 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Selector Destructed Wixoss (movie) (Deluxe First Edition):3,543

I was one of those people. To be fair, I wouldn't have bought it either if I'd have known it was mostly a recap movie. Lesson learned ; do more research before buying. The new scenes were nice, to be fair though.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:36 am Reply with quote
Why do people like Love Live and Mr. Osomatsu so much?
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:12 am Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:

For Love Live: cute girls singing and dancing and seeing their admirable aspirations of becoming an idol, and some drama esp. from 3rd years that looks like it's taken out of a shoujo manga.

For Mr. Osomatsu: reboot of a classic anime comedy that codified a lot of anime comedies today which somehow hit the right note among the female fandom in droves
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:43 am Reply with quote
Ouch, that Macross Delta drop. It was expected due to the lack of an event ticket, but still quite harsh. And I'm afraid it's going to get even worse once it gets to the second half, which I've been finding quite slow-paced and disappointing after such a promising beginning, although I'm still buying all volumes in order to show my support for the franchise and the English subs.

Last edited by Zhou-BR on Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Themaster20000

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Not good sales for Kabaneri at all,even more so considering the budget it had compared to a lot of shows.
ryanvamp

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Still sad over JoJo part 4 not getting at least 8K sales...now I have to wonder if we'll ever get Stone Ocean (I don't care too much about part 5).

Schwarzesmarken doesnt' come as a surprise at all but it also confirms there is never going to be an adaptation of Alternative.
Hugh Mungus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Does anybody know how well Frozen did in Japan on it's first week, because even by Disney's standards, that's really good for Zootopia Very Happy

Osomatsu continues to dominate in the anime division, being the reigning champion these seasons. Very Happy

Re: Zero in contrast to every other show, seems to be improving on its first week for Vol. 3.
The same can't be said for other shows. While Macross Delta and Gundam don't seem to have that bad of a drop. (At least the latter),

But ouch at Kabenari with that steep drop, while its sales aren't too bad, I can't imagine that it's a cheap show with those production values. At this rate, Wit Studio is probably banking on that long-awaited 2nd season of Attack on Titan.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:03 pm Reply with quote
It seems that The Asterisk War isn't faring so well at only a little over 1,400 copies...
Touma

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:40 pm Reply with quote
Hugh Mungus wrote:
Does anybody know how well Frozen did in Japan on it's first week,

This news article says 661,000 on the first day and 1,553,505 for the first week.

Quote:
because even by Disney's standards, that's really good for Zootopia Very Happy

It does not look quite so good now. Smile
But 180k is still a very impressive number.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hugh Mungus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Touma wrote:
Hugh Mungus wrote:
Does anybody know how well Frozen did in Japan on it's first week,

This news article says 661,000 on the first day and 1,553,505 for the first week.

Quote:
because even by Disney's standards, that's really good for Zootopia Very Happy

It does not look quite so good now. Smile
But 180k is still a very impressive number.

Shocked Wow. I totally forgot just how truly big Frozen was over there. Just wow.

Mr.Oshawott wrote:
It seems that The Asterisk War isn't faring so well at only a little over 1,400 copies...

I think A-1 was hoping to have another Sword Art Online on their hands, and it looks like the money went there (for what I presume was supposed to go to their Ace Attorney anime) Laughing
SuiSeiKen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Zhou-BR wrote:
Ouch, that Macross Delta drop. It was expected due to the lack of an event ticket, but still quite harsh. And I'm afraid it's going to get even worse once it gets to the second half, which I've been finding quite slow-paced and disappointing after such a promising beginning, although I'm still buying all volumes in order to show my support for the franchise and the English subs.

Same feeling here about the second half. But i guess we'll have at least one movie to nearly fix that (still thinking there's too many characters in the show). Maybe two movies with most of the first half being compiled into one, like Macross Frontier.

Anyway, i don't expect the sales to drop under 5k. Which is already a success, considering that so little TV series exceed 10k nowadays.
relyat08

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:56 pm Reply with quote
Hugh Mungus wrote:

But ouch at Kabenari with that steep drop, while its sales aren't too bad, I can't imagine that it's a cheap show with those production values. At this rate, Wit Studio is probably banking on that long-awaited 2nd season of Attack on Titan.

This drop makes me wonder if people in Japan weren't too thrilled with that last arc of Kabaneri either.

I've been wondering if the fandom will ever start to turn on Re:Zero either, after some of the stuff that happens later in the show, but it's sales are still maintaining really solid numbers. I'm not a huge fan of Re:Zero, but I would like to see it get a second season, and a pretty full adaptation just because of how unusual that is these days.

Last edited by relyat08 on Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:41 pm Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
Well I can not speak for Love Live(never watched it) for Osomatsu, I fount it to be laugh yourself to death funny. For episode 18 and 25 I had to rewind a lot of times to read some lines that I missed as I had been laughing to much to concentrate.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2