• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation DVD Ranking, August 29 - September 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danshi_boy3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:58 am Reply with quote
Yes! B-pro is the current best show of Summer Season for me, a little bit above Battery.
All the characters are funny and develop cool chemistry. The main character is also a responsible mother type Wink

Btw, I got many husbandos in this show Wink
leesahlynn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:29 am Reply with quote
B-Pro is a joke, the MC is unbearably useless and timid. I skip straight to the end cards for the most part. Tsukiuta is the idol anime winner for me this season but that's been on a downhill the past couple eps too Sad
Loveless100

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:38 am Reply with quote
All things considering B-Project did a lot better than I anticipated. They had a lot of promotion in Akiba when I went yesterday so it seemed to have helped.

In some way I think the addition of character songs in the package really helped with sales. I wonder how the sales spread would have been if they released the DVD/BR separate from the character CDs....

On the note of Tsukiuta, it's a solid show that I feel is more in line with the male idol industry in Japan and I am really digging the CG dance scenes, but the flow of the show is too close to Starry Sky's method of story telling and it detracts from the overall flow of the show. I've been excited for both of these shows for a while but I think B-Pro did a better job overall in terms of story telling. Also, I'm glad both seem to be avoiding an otome game route, since we have Utapri for that.
mistress_kisara

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:40 pm Reply with quote
leesahlynn wrote:
B-Pro is a joke, the MC is unbearably useless and timid. I skip straight to the end cards for the most part. Tsukiuta is the idol anime winner for me this season but that's been on a downhill the past couple eps too Sad

Totally disagree. Tsukiuta was boring for me bit I did like the episode woth the idol girls. To each their own I guess?
Alabaster Spectrum

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:12 pm Reply with quote
Loveless100 wrote:
All things considering B-Project did a lot better than I anticipated. They had a lot of promotion in Akiba when I went yesterday so it seemed to have helped.

In some way I think the addition of character songs in the package really helped with sales. I wonder how the sales spread would have been if they released the DVD/BR separate from the character CDs....

On the note of Tsukiuta, it's a solid show that I feel is more in line with the male idol industry in Japan and I am really digging the CG dance scenes, but the flow of the show is too close to Starry Sky's method of story telling and it detracts from the overall flow of the show. I've been excited for both of these shows for a while but I think B-Pro did a better job overall in terms of story telling. Also, I'm glad both seem to be avoiding an otome game route, since we have Utapri for that.

Like most idol anime by big companies it comes packaged with a live idol concert event ticket which when you combine that with fujoshi buyers and a DVD that costs less than the BD but still has all the bonuses is the perfect mixture for higher than average sales. That's why some people are wondering what it's 3rd volume and on sales are going to look like when it's event ticket expires which have lagged considerably behind the preorders for the first and second volume to date. Even the 2nd volume has lagged behind where the first one was though despite also having an event ticket.
iamtooawesome

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:31 am Reply with quote
B-pro is doing well because the company behind it is Broccolli, same with Uta No Prince Sama(which we all know that its very successful because it has a very stable fandom) but shz them again, as far as I've know TsukiUta has no chance of winning against B-pro in sales(the directing sucks) I hope someone could rival Broccolli in terms of male idol animes, tired of them winning my finger is crossed hoping Rejet's Marginal4 and Bandai's Idolish7(upcoming animes) could beat them....

TsukiUta's rival tho is Ensemble stars, but ES sadly is more popular
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1