• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Keijo!!!!!!!! TV Anime Reveals Cast of Nozomi's Rivals, October 6 Premiere

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:35 am Reply with quote
Keijo!!!!!!!! is my most anticipated fall 2016 Anime. So it goes without saying that I can't wait for the premiere. Very Happy
Arale Kurashiki

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:33 am Reply with quote
this looks like it takes itself WAY too seriously

the premise is totally ridiculous, so don't try and sell it to me as some kind of show in which the character's struggle matters; it's pretty obvious what the real focus here is, so why not commit to it?

that's all im gonna say cause i don't wanna admit that i find the concept stupidly appealing, in the dark recesses of my mind Rolling Eyes
Yuri Fan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:07 am Reply with quote
AnimeLordLuis wrote:
Keijo!!!!!!!! is my most anticipated fall 2016 Anime. So it goes without saying that I can't wait for the premiere. Very Happy

Yeah. I'm not usually into trashy anime, but this one caught my attention. I'm hyped as heck for this!
Thornister

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:23 am Reply with quote
Arale Kurashiki wrote:

the premise is totally ridiculous, so don't try and sell it to me as some kind of show in which the character's struggle matters; it's pretty obvious what the real focus here is, so why not commit to it?

But that's why this show is funny and that's main appeal of it - Comedy. It's the type of comedy that relies on creating a really stupid ideas, parodies of the cliche, and fact that characters in the story take everything seriously and for granted. Even if you talk about it being only there for fan service, this thing is so ridiculous that I found it hard to feel it, after some time you just grow accustomed to it but still gets amazed by how stupid and ridiculous ideas author comes up.
Arale Kurashiki

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:05 am Reply with quote
Thornister wrote:
Arale Kurashiki wrote:

But that's why this show is funny and that's main appeal of it - Comedy. It's the type of comedy that relies on creating a really stupid ideas, parodies of the cliche, and fact that characters in the story take everything seriously and for granted. Even if you talk about it being only there for fan service, this thing is so ridiculous that I found it hard to feel it, after some time you just grow accustomed to it but still gets amazed by how stupid and ridiculous ideas author comes up.

i don't know anything about the manga, but to call this a parody seems unlikely to me from watching the trailer. it resembles the kind of trailers you'd see for sports and idol anime, except with fanservice - but the tone is unchanged.

to me, fanservice that pretends to be completely normal is skeeve o central. fanservice that is unabashed about being sexual is fine! it's not like anybody's watching for something else...

that said, trailers are often unrepresentative of the actual product! wouldn't be surprised if the show itself took itself less seriously.
Topgunguy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:10 am Reply with quote
Free! for guys. Everything feels natural again.
EighteenSky

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:20 am Reply with quote
Liking the cast a lot, looking forward to this more than anything this Autumn season. The manga quickly shot up to Ippo and Baby Steps level for a sports series for me.

Trying to think where they would end the anime and can only think of the East vs West war as ideal if they go Prison School level pacing which could work. Depends on the amount of episodes obviously.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:04 am Reply with quote
So far, the preview material's art looks fantas(s)tic.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:09 am Reply with quote
Shocked

Yeah, this looks kinda stupid. Confused Not every anime needs fanservice.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:11 am Reply with quote
Topgunguy wrote:

Circle of Life.
Arale Kurashiki

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:31 am Reply with quote
Animechic420 wrote:
Shocked

Yeah, this looks kinda stupid. Confused Not every anime needs fanservice.

right, that's why we quarantine it in this
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:38 am Reply with quote
Topgunguy wrote:

It's important to have shows of similar nature to both sides.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:28 am Reply with quote
Topgunguy wrote:

Is it though? Why not just be a normal girls' swimming series? Even if that hypothetical series copies the dramatic beats from Free, it's not like the male otaku won't resonate to it. Just look at the the entire drama among the 3rd years in Love Live Sunshine!
Animechic420

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:35 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Topgunguy wrote:

Is it though? Why not just be a normal girls' swimming series? Even if that hypothetical series copies the dramatic beats from Free, it's not like the male otaku won't resonate to it. Just look at the the entire drama among the 3rd years in Love Live Sunshine!

It's funny how fanservice for the ladies is so limited at times. Where we get to see lean, muscular man bodies, the guys are treated to jiggly asses, bouncy boobs, pantyshots and borderline H stuff. The girls would ended up almost nude at some point in anime. How come women can't get naked men every once in a while???

That doesn't seem fair. Confused
casualfan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:41 am Reply with quote
Arale Kurashiki wrote:
Thornister wrote:
Arale Kurashiki wrote:

i don't know anything about the manga, but to call this a parody seems unlikely to me from watching the trailer. it resembles the kind of trailers you'd see for sports and idol anime, except with fanservice - but the tone is unchanged.

to me, fanservice that pretends to be completely normal is skeeve o central. fanservice that is unabashed about being sexual is fine! it's not like anybody's watching for something else...

that said, trailers are often unrepresentative of the actual product! wouldn't be surprised if the show itself took itself less seriously.

Fanservice is just an element in a show. The show can have dramatic, emotional, or any other elements if it wants too. Examples like Kill la Kill, High School DxD, Highschool of the Dead etc. The faservice elements are just icing in the cake as long as the main content itself is entertaining.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3