• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hand Shakers TV Anime Reveals Character Designs, Cast Roles

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EnPhyX

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:30 am Reply with quote
I am with Team Chain...Jesus Christ Very Happy
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:48 am Reply with quote
While that sword made out of gears looks fantasitc I absolutely love the idea of chains as weapons. This will be a touch pick. Still, one thing I know is that the show will look gorgeous.
EighteenSky

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:00 am Reply with quote
Don't know if its just me but when I saw the pic of Team Card I thought they were mother and son which would have been interesting. Could well be actually as don't see last names for them.

Also Team Chain, already liking the design of Bind.
Alabaster Spectrum

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:38 am Reply with quote
I've started referring to this particular set of people as safecasting cause they're basically the lineup for what feels like everything and particularly key for running events based around a show. Last I heard this Soma Saito guy wasn't doing all that well but has yet to make a hiatus announcement. It's like he's replaced Yuki Kaji as the de facto go to leading male casting choice for safecasting. Makes me wonder who does he know or what did he do to get such a major push to the front cause I've literally never heard of him until this year.
JRPGNATION

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:15 am Reply with quote
Team Card. Embarassed Besides the Mom and Son thing, could be sister and brother or Aunt and Nephew. You never know. Very Happy

Although I got a feeling this show may turn dark. Twisted Evil I mean teams of people fighting in a battle royal style just scream for fudge up shit to happen. Twisted Evil

I could be wrong but I could always hope for mess up anime right? Twisted Evil
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:24 am Reply with quote
I will watch the show but think the title is a bit lacking in grabbing (see what I did there) attention.
KH91

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:56 am Reply with quote
Riri and Bind. Smile

Also, I am reminded of another Risa Taneda anime.
Neohybrid_kai

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:04 am Reply with quote
The premise seems interesting but I fear it would fall into one of those "everyone who survived realize the true enemy is the game master/system and decide to fight him/her/it together" or "let's magically resurrect the dead players", or worse, the combination of both Laughing

Cool character design though, and the near future, real world setting (Osaka 20XX) is a plus for me.
DerekL1963
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:09 pm Reply with quote
Neohybrid_kai wrote:
The premise seems interesting but I fear it would fall into one of those "everyone who survived realize the true enemy is the game master/system and decide to fight him/her/it together" or "let's magically resurrect the dead players", or worse, the combination of both Laughing

So much this...

And is "teams join up to play king of the hill" becoming a genre unto itself, or has it always been and I've just not noticed?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1