• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Zero Kara Hajimeru Mahō no Sho Fantasy Anime's 1st Promo Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:17 am Reply with quote
Looks good. Animated by White Fox...this quality of it looks similar to Re:Zero.

I wonder if they can adapt this into 2-cour though as there seems to be enough volumes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ajc228

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:35 am Reply with quote
Moe girl and furries? And it's a light novel adaptation? So it's deffinitely awful.
msvitch

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:03 am Reply with quote
Ajc228 wrote:
Moe girl and furries? And it's a light novel adaptation? So it's deffinitely awful.

thats a very biased assumption
Afezeria

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:09 am Reply with quote
Ajc228 wrote:
What's the purpose of posting like that any way? Over here the rule said to be respectful. You can post shit like that over at MAL instead.
Michael Nathanael T.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:18 am Reply with quote
Ajc228 wrote:

spoiler[Do you know that the one who created the grimoire that have the power to destroy the world is that girl in the picture whose name is Zero?]

Last edited by Michael Nathanael T. on Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:11 am; edited 1 time in total
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:38 am Reply with quote
Looking good. I don't see a high school age male MC anywhere in there either which is a big shift from your standard LN.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Well, designs were adapted pretty excellently - Zero totally giving in the Yoshinori particular style with middle bang of her hair and her eyes. The voice of Mercenary is totally excellent pick too.
Can't said about the anime in the future, but that PV looks pretty much solid.
Ajc228

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Afezeria wrote:
Ajc228 wrote:
What's the purpose of posting like that any way? Over here the rule said to be respectful. You can post shit like that over at MAL instead.
The point? It's a forum. The purpose is to post comments and opinions as with any forum. I stated my opinion. I'm sure the moderators would say something if my comment didn't meet the guidelines for posting.
Afezeria

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Ajc228 wrote:
Oh sorry. I didn't know that making biased assumption is considered putting up an opinion when there's no content at all in what you were posting in the first place that should positioned your comment as an "opinion". Or there is truly something inside those packaging of words that you mentioned? (definitely awful?) If so, really, truly sorry.

On other hand, I'm hoping that this girl in the show doesn't have any love interest. It's boring to see that sort of shit everywhere else. It's better if she's independant.
Ajc228

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:44 pm Reply with quote
Afezeria wrote:
Ajc228 wrote:
Oh sorry. I didn't know that making biased assumption is considered putting up an opinion when there's no content at all in what you were posting in the first place that should positioned your comment as an "opinion". Oh there is truly something inside those packaging of words that you mentioned?(definitely awful?) If so, really, truly sorry.
it's okay. I'll forgive you... one day. Seriously, it's not a big deal. My opinion that the majority of light novels are garbage is just that-an opinion. I've read enough light novels (barring Vampire hunter D and Legend of the Galactic Heroes) to know most are generic. In addition, the designs and the boilerplate fantasy synopsis give a pretty good indication that this show is a fairly homogenous fantasy anime. I think it's more of an educated guess. You don't have to agree with me but I don't see how my opinion is disrespectful.
Luke's JRPG Channel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Looks good. I did read some of the manga.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:59 am Reply with quote
Ajc228 wrote:
it's okay. I'll forgive you... one day. Seriously, it's not a big deal. My opinion that the majority of light novels are garbage is just that-an opinion. I've read enough light novels (barring Vampire hunter D and Legend of the Galactic Heroes) to know most are generic. In addition, the designs and the boilerplate fantasy synopsis give a pretty good indication that this show is a fairly homogenous fantasy anime. I think it's more of an educated guess. You don't have to agree with me but I don't see how my opinion is disrespectful.
Uh-oh, seem like we have just another guy who really likes judging and criticize books by the cover.

Homogeneous in what point? Can you said it? Cause I think you're not, and you pretty much said that you didn't know nothing besides the synopsis and designs on the PV - but what about the writing and dialogue style, plot, setting and character descriptions, and the real things that keep entertain the reader? Well, you can't said about that, cause you didn't even read a chapter, not to mention a single volume of it? That's no good, just for you know, and that's called "biased opinion".

Well, I think that I read much light novels too, and I can somehow relate to the opinion that most of them is completely lack of any original ideas and completely reuse the same tropes that's going on the trend (and it's not problem only with Japanese light novels - just look at popular Western books that's aimed to the teen auditory!). But the things is - there can be works that can be entertaining even with use of the old stuff, and can provide the interest ideas and opinion by its own. However, most people are dismisses them on the same idiotic reasons like you (and even the professional critics!), comparing them to a huge number of literature garbage without any knowledge. And that's really, really not a good thing.

P.S. Just for you know, Vampire Hunter D and LoGH isn't the light novels in any case, but the real novels, or basically - the books. So they're isn't the same from the beginning, right?
Ajc228

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:55 am Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
Ajc228 wrote:
Uh-oh, seem like we have just another guy who really likes judging and criticize books by the cover.

Homogeneous in what point? Can you said it? Cause I think you're not, and you pretty much said that you didn't know nothing besides the synopsis and designs on the PV - but what about the writing and dialogue style, plot, setting and character descriptions, and the real things that keep entertain the reader? Well, you can't said about that, cause you didn't even read a chapter, not to mention a single volume of it? That's no good, just for you know, and that's called "biased opinion".

Well, I think that I read much light novels too, and I can somehow relate to the opinion that most of them is completely lack of any original ideas and completely reuse the same tropes that's going on the trend (and it's not problem only with Japanese light novels - just look at popular Western books that's aimed to the teen auditory!). But the things is - there can be works that can be entertaining even with use of the old stuff, and can provide the interest ideas and opinion by its own. However, most people are dismisses them on the same idiotic reasons like you (and even the professional critics!), comparing them to a huge number of literature garbage without any knowledge. And that's really, really not a good thing.

P.S. Just for you know, Vampire Hunter D and LoGH isn't the light novels in any case, but the real novels, or basically - the books. So they're isn't the same from the beginning, right?
You may be right in regards to Vampire Hunter D and LOTGH being classified as novels. Do I have a bias? Of course I do. Just as many of you who read light novels do. There's a reason many people and critics disparage light novels. Some of it has to do with the tropes but I think a lot of it comes down to the bland wish-fulfillment narratives and the level of pandering. Generally they are poorly written. Everything including the character's actions and thoughts are explicitly told to the reader with little or no room for subtext. I'm not saying all light novels are bad but the combination elements on display( furries, moe design and generic fantasy setting) leads me to believe it will be another in a line of lackluster light novel adaptations.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Ajc228 wrote:
I'm not saying all light novels are bad but the combination elements on display( furries, moe design and generic fantasy setting) leads me to believe it will be another in a line of lackluster light novel adaptations.

Well, I can accept the words about the designs... but the judgment about the "generic setting" (which is the complex thing and can't be judged just by synopsis - it's like to say that LoGH have "generic space opera setting") and the demihumans - which is basically the point where author really go out of the stereotypes of the standard LN hero and give this role to the character who isn't a typical teenager boy, but to the guy who even not looks like human at all (except he is a human being, but with some kind of curse from his birth...)! I don't think there we can count even the ten works with that kind of protagonist in the past years, seriously.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1