• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: So I Can't Play H Voice Actress Arisa Nishiguchi Retires From Acting

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Whatever... she wasn't in many things anyway. Not exactly someone who's career everyone was keeping an eye on. File this under "Yeah, nobody cares" cabinet.
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:08 pm Reply with quote
^I think that's a bit harsh. Someone contributed to anime that may have left an impact on people and won't be returning, I think that's worth acknowledging. Not every actress has to be Brie Larson or Jodie Foster.

I wish her luck in whatever she does next.
revolutionotaku

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:44 pm Reply with quote
I'm noticing a number of voice overs who are dropping out this month.

Last edited by revolutionotaku on Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Renasviel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:51 pm Reply with quote
I don't think it really matters if she didn't do much. Seems like she lost motivation for the role, so she decided to call it quits. I can respect and relate to that, and I wish her the best of luck for the future.
KH91

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Another actress retiring. Thank you for helping the anime industry with your voice. I'm sure you had an impact on someone in the roles you played(So I can't play H). I wish you the best.

DmonHiro wrote:
Whatever... she wasn't in many things anyway. Not exactly someone who's career everyone was keeping an eye on. File this under "Yeah, nobody cares" cabinet.

As a fan of yours, I'm disappointed that you could say such a thing considering she's contributed more good to the anime industry than what you do for it. Yes, you know what I'm talking about. Wink
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:12 pm Reply with quote
A bit sad that Ms. Nishiguchi-san decided to retire so soon...She may not have voiced many characters, but her part in the voice acting world is an important one nonetheless. I wish her the best of luck on her new adventure. Smile
JDude042

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Like I mentioned in the other recent thread of another no-name anime voice actress retiring, this is probably for the best. Sometimes things aren't what you made them out to be once you get yourself involved in something.
mrsatan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:53 pm Reply with quote
A Japanese otaku friend of mine told me that these days the shelf life of female seiyu is extremely short.
That would seem to be true.
Set1229

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:29 pm Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:

As a fan of yours, I'm disappointed that you could say such a thing considering she's contributed more good to the anime industry than what you do for it. Yes, you know what I'm talking about. Wink

Not sure I understand. I'm not on very often.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:46 pm Reply with quote
I appologize. I'm having a real bad day, home sick with a cold. I shouldn't talk to people when I'm sick, I'm always an asshole.
Renasviel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:53 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
I appologize. I'm having a real bad day, home sick with a cold. I shouldn't talk to people when I'm sick, I'm always an asshole.

Hope you feel better soon.
kgw

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:19 pm Reply with quote
mrsatan wrote:
A Japanese otaku friend of mine told me that these days the shelf life of female seiyu is extremely short.

I wonder if that's because the industry want idol-like seiyuus, younger and cuter, and in some aspects, 26.y.o. can be thought as "too old". And the not-anime dub industry cannot take on that many VA.

Best of luck to her.
Afezeria

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:56 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
I'm also a fan, and you sure say some really mean things but that's what cold do to people. Get better soon.

On topic, I couldn't help but wonder if the cause for the fact that quite a few number of seiyuu has been quitting recently because they watched Girlish Number and could totally relate to it. Good luck for her future endeavour.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:09 pm Reply with quote
What's going on here? Why are those like Miss Nishiguchi retiring? I don't really have an answer for that. Does anyone here a clue? Confused Question
Jonny Mendes

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:43 pm Reply with quote
kgw wrote:
mrsatan wrote:

I wonder if that's because the industry want idol-like seiyuus, younger and cuter, and in some aspects, 26.y.o. can be thought as "too old". And the not-anime dub industry cannot take on that many VA.

Best of luck to her.

There are around 130 voice acting schools in Japan. Hundreds of new seiyu are graduating each year. Hundreds of theater actors, radio actors, child actors and idols also enter the seiyu industry each year. So you get the picture.

You won't survive in the industry if you are good or even very good. You have to be great, or have some different thing to add.
Been a good singer, cute, good personality and other idol qualities will help you survive in the industry.

Also, like all idol like careers, seiyus career are getting shorter. Because of the numbers of new seiyus appearing every year, the producers are looking for the next great seiyu to promote.
And many seiyus are looking for different careers. Some are looking for becoming full time singers or live actors or work in TV variety shows.
Some get married and want to become housewife's (yeah, still the dream of 1/3 of Japanese woman are to become housewife's).
And others already have studies or go to studies to have a complete different career in the future.

To Arisa Nishiguchi and Momoko Ohara i wish all the best in their future plans and careers.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2