• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nintendo Ships 10 Million Copies of Pokémon Sun/Moon Games Worldwide

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animechic420

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:08 am Reply with quote
I'm so nervous about playing these games. It's so different than the others. Surprised
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:16 am Reply with quote
Apparently anyone who got their game early and tried to log online got their Nintendo account banned?
JDude042

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:32 am Reply with quote
Oh... so Nintendo can ship out 10 million copies of Pokemon Sun and Moon for launch, but barely any of the NES Classic Edition? I see how it is! Well, I already pre-ordered Pokemon Moon weeks ago, and I wanted to play it because it looks like a really fun game. Nintendo still sucks for dropping the ball with the NES Classic Edition in my opinion. Not available upon release, and the controller cords are way too short. Should of made wireless controllers for it Nintendo, you jackasses! Guess I'll give my money to a third party company who is actually willing to make a wireless controller for your product, since you apparently lack the foresight to make such decisions.
goatnuke

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:46 am Reply with quote
crosswithyou wrote:
Apparently anyone who got their game early and tried to log online got their Nintendo account banned?

Close but not quite. The ROMs for the games leaked about two weeks ago. Anyone playing a pirated copy got banned.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:48 am Reply with quote
goatnuke wrote:
Close but not quite. The ROMs for the games leaked about two weeks ago. Anyone playing a pirated copy got banned.

https://twitter.com/BulbaNewsNOW/status/799090198671822848

Quote:
PSA: Unconfirmed reports of people who bought Pokémon Sun & Moon physically from stores breaking street date receiving Nintendo Network bans

"Unconfirmed," but anyway...
goatnuke

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:37 am Reply with quote
Oh wow... maybe Nintendo doesn't have the online infrastructure to differentiate between legal and illegal copies or something? Not cool tbh
Niyari

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:06 pm Reply with quote
i knew i should have chosen same day shipping
Animechic420

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Niyari wrote:
i knew i should have chosen same day shipping

I did. Wink

By the time I get home from work, they'll be sitting in my mailbox.

Last edited by Animechic420 on Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
tsvkkis

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:38 pm Reply with quote
I'm so excited for the game, I'm so glad I got same day shipping Very Happy
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:21 pm Reply with quote
JDude042 wrote:
Oh... so Nintendo can ship out 10 million copies of Pokemon Sun and Moon for launch, but barely any of the NES Classic Edition?

Because shipping out multiple copies of an eagerly anticipated title that's being released worldwide is totally the same as releasing a modified version of a console that plays games you can readily play on your computer or even the original version of the console itself....I mean you can single them out for underestimating demand for the classic but they're not comparable.......or worth losing one's shit over to such an extent.
KH91

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Pokemon leaving the 3DS with a bang.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:54 pm Reply with quote
My excitement for adventuring through the Alola region could not get any higher! Very Happy The first Trial is going to be a quite a opening challenge!
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:56 pm Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:
Pokemon leaving the 3DS with a bang.

.....It's not going anywhere.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:00 pm Reply with quote
My pre-loaded copy says it's ready, but when I select the icon, it says to wait until the proper day. Oh well.

JDude042 wrote:
Oh... so Nintendo can ship out 10 million copies of Pokemon Sun and Moon for launch, but barely any of the NES Classic Edition? I see how it is! Well, I already pre-ordered Pokemon Moon weeks ago, and I wanted to play it because it looks like a really fun game. Nintendo still sucks for dropping the ball with the NES Classic Edition in my opinion. Not available upon release, and the controller cords are way too short. Should of made wireless controllers for it Nintendo, you jackasses! Guess I'll give my money to a third party company who is actually willing to make a wireless controller for your product, since you apparently lack the foresight to make such decisions.

Regarding availability, considering what happened with the amiibo, and turning back the clock, the Wii, Professor Layton and the Curious Village, and the original NES as it was, Nintendo has a habit of underestimating consumer demand when something REALLY takes off. Pokémon games are known to be very good sellers though, so they'll put production on overdrive for these.
JDude042

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:21 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
Because shipping out multiple copies of an eagerly anticipated title that's being released worldwide is totally the same as releasing a modified version of a console that plays games you can readily play on your computer or even the original version of the console itself....I mean you can single them out for underestimating demand for the classic but they're not comparable.......or worth losing one's shit over to such an extent.

leafy sea dragon wrote:

Regarding availability, considering what happened with the amiibo, and turning back the clock, the Wii, Professor Layton and the Curious Village, and the original NES as it was, Nintendo has a habit of underestimating consumer demand when something REALLY takes off. Pokémon games are known to be very good sellers though, so they'll put production on overdrive for these.

Well you both have made excellent points that I didn't really think about until now. I think my attitude towards the whole thing has simmered down anyways, and I've come to accept the reality of the situation. I would have liked to have just ordered it upon release, but I'm sure it'll be back in stock before Christmas comes along and I can pick one up for my dad for Christmas.

On the topic of Pokemon Sun & Moon, looking forward to getting my copy of Moon in the mail in the next few days. As an adult male and before so, I've always used the male trainer when playing, but I'm gonna do things a little differently this time around. I'm going to play as the female trainer for a change, as always playing as the male trainer has gotten kinda bland. Not only do I feel that the female character seems to get favored in the customization department, but I want to design her after my girlfriend that I've been dating for about a month and a half now. Caucasian, brown hair, brown eyes. I think it'll make an already really enjoyable game more fun for me. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1