• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fūka Anime Reveals More Cast, Opening Theme Artists

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:54 am Reply with quote
I am thinking the reason why the seiyuu for Fuuka#2 has not been revealed is because they might still be doing auditions for her. "Suzuka" was one of my fave romance manga since the spoiler[couple gets married and has a kid]. I saw it around Feb. 2008 and it was the 1st Todd lead role I heard (simultaneously, I was watching "Shuffle").
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:11 am Reply with quote
ANN wrote:
Seo is writing the lyrics for the song, and it marks the first time he has written song lyrics.

Very first time I've ever heard of a mangaka writing lyrics. Surprised Any other mangaka in the past that produced any lyrics for a song?
SaitoHajime101

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:43 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
I am thinking the reason why the seiyuu for spoiler[Fuuka#2] has not been revealed is because they might still be doing auditions..

I honestly think its because that character you mentioned can be considered a spoiler (though it might be a slight stretch). The character doesn't give away certain events but one could argue that even mentioning this character could open doors of a spoiler kind. Just a theory Cool

I'm quite impressed they managed to get the original VAs from the Suzuka anime to reprise their respective roles as Suzuka and Yamato.
Roger Pepitone

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:53 am Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
ANN wrote:
Seo is writing the lyrics for the song, and it marks the first time he has written song lyrics.

Very first time I've ever heard of a mangaka writing lyrics. Surprised Any other mangaka in the past that produced any lyrics for a song?

Not quite, but I've heard there's a song on the Video Girl Ai soundtrack that has Katsura singing.
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
Any other mangaka in the past that produced any lyrics for a song?

Moyoco Anno wrote the lyrics for the Sugar Sugar Rune theme songs.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon. Author written lyrics basically to all of the character songs and featured theme song (Tooshi Douka). (Well, he is light novel author and kind of renaissance man...)
KutovoiAnton

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:48 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
ANN wrote:

Prince of Tennis author wrote a few character songs for the franchise, IRC. And Hiromu Arakawa wrote a character song for the first FMA anime:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvBp5gTPIN0
falcon.punch

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:21 pm Reply with quote
How anybody forgot Naoko Takeuchi?

She wrote lots of lyrics in Sailor Moon songs.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:00 am Reply with quote
SaitoHajime101 wrote:
I'm quite impressed they managed to get the original VAs from the Suzuka anime to reprise their respective roles as Suzuka and Yamato.

Considering Kanako-san has been in only 14 titles and Daisuke has been in only 11 titles so far, I don't think it would be so hard.

I wrote on the Leah Clark Actress Fanclub FB group that while I hope Leah and Todd return as their respective roles in a simul-dub, their characters only would occasionally appear on the show (it's the same thing for their characters in the manga).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1