• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dragon Ball Super Anime Reveals Story, Visual for 'Universe Survival' Arc

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theNightster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:55 am Reply with quote
Gohan dropped the skinny nerd look.
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:03 am Reply with quote
So how many Budokai-type arcs is this now? There was the first one, that Roshi won as Jackie Chun... the one introducing Tien... Goku vs. Piccolo Jr... do the Cell Games count? If not, I suppose the next would be the one Babidi crashed.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:14 am Reply with quote
I actually wouldn't be shocked if this is the final arc. I mean, it seems like everything was leading up to this arc.
Hugh Mungus

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:36 am Reply with quote
malvarez1 wrote:
I actually wouldn't be shocked if this is the final arc. I mean, it seems like everything was leading up to this arc.

Nah, I'm pretty sure they'll find a way to continue and keep going if Super is successful enough.

Speaking of which, anybody getting a vibe of Bokurano, but it being well, not soul crushing and hopeless?
GhostD

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:58 am Reply with quote
Let me guess. For the winners Zeno will give them anything they want or the complete super dragon balls and the losers get their universes wiped out of existence
Blankslate

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:06 am Reply with quote
malvarez1 wrote:

It could be set up like Dragon Ball Z where there's a bunch of smaller arcs that tie together to a climax. For example, the Android arcs climaxed with the Cell Games, and the Saiyan arc and Namek arc climaxed with the Frieza battle, etc.
GhostD

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:10 am Reply with quote
Quote:
It could be set up like Dragon Ball Z where there's a bunch of smaller arcs that tie together to a climax. For example, the Android arcs climaxed with the Cell Games, and the Saiyan arc and Namek arc climaxed with the Frieza battle, etc.

Going by that logic the final battle of Super would be a rematch between Goku and Beerus with Goku finally winning and becoming Universe 7's strongest....next to Whis
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:53 am Reply with quote
Man this arc is going to be so epic I just know it. Very Happy
CANimeFan88

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:13 am Reply with quote
From what I'm hearing, I can't tell if this series is getting better or worse.
theNightster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:44 am Reply with quote
CANimeFan88 wrote:
well at the very least it's no GT Wink
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:53 am Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
well at the very least it's no GT Wink

This last arc basically was. They took a hodgepodge of stuff from GT and crammed it into a single arc instead of 3.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:13 am Reply with quote
CANimeFan88 wrote:

I don't understand how anyone could say it's getting worse. The last story arc, aside from a couple of flaws, was probably the best DB story arc since the Cell arc. And the comedy episodes are fantastic. The art's still lazy at times, and the music could use a little more variety, but Super is an overall worthy addition to the franchise, unlike GT.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:13 am Reply with quote
GhostD wrote:
Quote:

Going by that logic the final battle of Super would be a rematch between Goku and Beerus with Goku finally winning and becoming Universe 7's strongest....next to Whis

highly doubt that. especially since there is the possibility of vegetta being universe 7's strongest. especially if he finds out that beerus was behind his home planet's destruction.

also what's 17 doing there? unless 18 used the dragon balls to bring him back, the only other way is that he's either from future trunks' timeline, or somehow he escaped from hell ala GT's Super Android 17 arc.

also why is bang zoom doing the dub? dont know why funi would decide to outsource the dub for super instead of using their VAs that every dub fan knows. whatever their reasons for,its a bad decision cause that would pretty much peeved every last DBZ fan if they go through with it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:16 am Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:

also what's 17 doing there? unless 18 used the dragon balls to bring him back, the only other way is that he's either from future trunks' timeline, or somehow he escaped from hell ala GT's Super Android 17 arc.

also why is bang zoom doing the dub? dont know why funi would decide to outsource the dub for super instead of using their VAs that every dub fan knows. whatever their reasons for,its a bad decision cause that would pretty much peeved every last DBZ fan if they go through with it.

17 was already wished back at the end of the Cell arc, as was everyone else killed by Cell, like Future Trunks. He takes part in the Genki Dama at the end of the Buu arc.

Also, the Bang Zoom English dub isn't the dub being used for the North American market, but rather for English-speaking audiences in Asia. Funimation is dubbing in house for the NA release.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Admiral Pizzaman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:57 am Reply with quote
Again? Just how many martial arts tournament focused arcs are there in Dragon Ball franchise? I hope this upcoming one will be entertaining enough.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2