• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll, Funimation to Stream Saga of Tanya the Evil, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, Hand S

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:24 pm Reply with quote
I was wondering when we were gonna know who was streaming what, got worried for a second there.

But dam, Funi already got a dub date for these shows, I didn't know they were banking on it that much.
Nekelen Tinsley

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Tales of Zestiria the X and maybe Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon dont feel that adventurous enough to check out Akiba's Trip,Handshakers or Saga of Tanya the Evil(maybe ill check it out when they finish like i did re zero) and i plan to steer clear of Masamune-kun's Revenge, from reading the summary it seems like itll just piss me off. Now all i need to know now is if flying witches it gonna stream threw chrunchyroll, thats the big mystery for me cause i know yowamushi pedal season 3 will get licensed soon(hopefully).
heartlessangel65

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:34 pm Reply with quote
I'm really glad Crunchyroll got these titles (we still don't know about Akiba's Trip) worldwide ex Asia
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:42 pm Reply with quote
I pretty much expected this. CR and Funimation domination from now on.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:42 pm Reply with quote
I can't make heads or tails of that Tanya the Evil show. Is it a moe loli show? A brutal war drama? Both? I get sort of a Hellsing-like vibe from the trailer. I must admit, I'm somewhat interested to see what they're doing with that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
jaykayjk10

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:43 pm Reply with quote
So will CR ever pick up Tales of Zestiria the X? Or nah
Cerulean16

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Wait so are they just streaming the Zesitria dub or are they just waiting to announce the simulcast? Anyways, I'm really happy Maid Dragon is getting dubbed. I read the first volume of the manga and it's pretty funny, and with Kyoani on the anime it should be a blast and the dub will probably be fun. The others will depend on what i hear about those shows(though I've already heard bad things about Masamune-Kun's Revenge from people who have read the manga.) Hopefully ACCA-13 gets announced soon.
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:48 pm Reply with quote
jaykayjk10 wrote:
So will CR ever pick up Tales of Zestiria the X? Or nah

Nope, it even says so on Funi's post about it. It's because they have a deal with Daisuki or something.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Honestly, I'm not very impressed with this lineup at all. Maybe it's just the sheer amount of continuing shows, or the season is just underwhelming overall, or maybe I was just hoping for more older Crunchyroll shows (specifically Re:Zero) like last season had, I don't know. But if this is it, I was really wanting more.

Also I wasn't credited for the news tip - again.
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
Honestly, I'm not very impressed with this lineup at all. Maybe it's just the sheer amount of continuing shows, or the season is just underwhelming overall, or maybe I was just hoping for more older Crunchyroll shows (specifically Re:Zero) like last season had, I don't know. But if this is it, I was really wanting more.

There still are some good looking titles which haven't been announced yet. (ACCA 13, Onihei) and I guess it depends what you're looking for in a new season of anime.

The Re:Zero and Konosuba situation is still a mystery. My speculation would be that CR already signed a deal with Bang Zoom or some other dubbing studio to dub both Re:Zero and Konosuba. If that's not the case, it could be some licensing issues with Kadokawa or Tv Tokyo. We know for sure that Sentai Filmworks don't have Re:Zero because they confirmed it on their ask.fm. I guess we'll eventually find out what's the status of Re:Zero, Konosuba and I'll add Kiznaiver as well.

Last edited by Thorfinn on Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nekelen Tinsley

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:

I might be jumping the gun with this but id go with the bold although there may be some sleeper hits this season as for me there are only like 4 or 5 shows that i know for sure im watching this season.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:12 pm Reply with quote
I hope they get Gabriel Dropout too. Seems like it would be a nice show for Funi to dub.
Random Name

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:14 pm Reply with quote
This is great looking forward to every dub they announced!!! Very happy about hand shakers dub was not expecting it. The funi website also says to stay tuned for more announcements wonder if that means more simuldub or just a general statement that doesn't mean much.
Cerulean16

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Also i'm not sure if anyone tipped this or not but Funi announced the simulcast for Akiba's Trip is going up at 9 AM ET tomorow with the Simuldub going up 30 minutes later. Its their faster turnover time for a Simuldub and it's for a show that might be interesting so that's cool!
shuusei

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Thorfinn wrote:

The Re:Zero and Konosuba situation is still a mystery. My speculation would be that CR already signed a deal with Bang Zoom or some other dubbing studio to dub both Re:Zero and Konosuba. If that's not the case, it could be some licensing issues with Kadokawa or Tv Tokyo. We know for sure that Sentai Filmworks don't have Re:Zero because they confirmed it on their ask.fm. I guess we'll eventually find out what's the status of Re:Zero, Konosuba and I'll add Kiznaiver as well.

Kiznaiver will probably be a part of aniplex of america's june/july/august releases. it's one of their only 2 TV series (other being Hai-furi) that is eligible for release (they also have Kizu II and I've Always Liked You movie, but yeah.).

Unless they plan on digging up their older titles, but it's been nearly 2+ years for most of them so I'm not counting on it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2