• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Interview: Hunter x Hunter Voice Actress Erica Mendez

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tintor2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:01 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Hisoka. Definitely Hisoka.

Damn right you are Laughing
KH91

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:45 am Reply with quote
Not only does Erica know Gon well, there's also irony as well. lol I won't say where it is. I don't watch the English dub, but I am waiting to see the spoiler[ending of episode 75]. Laughing

She's right about Hisoka. Laughing
diamoundheadx

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:49 pm Reply with quote
i feel bad for her playing a horrible role in a horrible series
Raebo101

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:33 pm Reply with quote
diamoundheadx wrote:

Dude, why would you say this? She clearly enjoys playing Gon, so it's totally unnecessary to feel sorry for her.
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:53 pm Reply with quote
diamoundheadx wrote:

Nice bait.

Anyway, Erica plays a really good Gon. She manages to nail his perky attitude, and I look forward to seeing how she plays his more darker moments later on.
diamoundheadx

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Raebo101 wrote:
diamoundheadx wrote:

Dude, why would you say this? She clearly enjoys playing Gon, so it's totally unnecessary to feel sorry for her.

ever hear of faking it there no way she actually likes this trash heap of a series
ryoukosan245

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:46 pm Reply with quote
diamoundheadx wrote:
Raebo101 wrote:
diamoundheadx wrote:

ever hear of faking it there no way she actually likes this trash heap of a series

If you don't like the series why did you click on this thread.
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:03 pm Reply with quote
Erica Mendez wrote:
I actually did a video game session once where the client was like “So, this character is a Tsundere…” and I'm like “Got it. I know exactly what to do.” So maybe it just leads to not having to waste as much time for directors or clients to have to explain things to me.

That's pretty much a given considering her twitter name. Laughing

diamoundheadx wrote:

Putting aside your feelings on the anime itself and the possibility that you're just trolling for a moment, I'm gonna assume you don't pay much mind to voice actors on social media.
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:16 pm Reply with quote
diamoundheadx wrote:
Raebo101 wrote:
diamoundheadx wrote:

Dude, stop now before you say something that gets you banned.
YoodiHoshi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:24 pm Reply with quote
I'm sooo happy to finally have a dub of the newer adaptation~ (I think it kinda needed one)
Levonr

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:15 pm Reply with quote
YoodiHoshi wrote:
I'm sooo happy to finally have a dub of the newer adaptation~ (I think it kinda needed one)

Thankfully its so much better than the Blue Waters dub of the 1999 show, I couldn't stand that.

diamoundheadx wrote:

Shocked
You have the mindset and grammar of a child. Its painful to read...
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:24 pm Reply with quote
I never watched HxH before it premiered on Toonami, but I love Erica's performance of Gon! You definitely get a sense of his character by how she voices him, and how much she does seem to enjoy her role. Honestly, I'm loving all of the voicing talent they got for the show. I just hope that, if I ever go back to re-watch it in the sub, it doesn't influence me so much that I won't watch it subbed in any way.
1dbad

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:08 am Reply with quote
Erica is a talented actress, and she seems like a cool person as well. I really love her take on Gon.

It's sweet how much seeing Gon getting hurt concerns her. But if she thinks a broken arm is bad...just wait until the Chimera Ant arc. Twisted Evil Laughing

Aura Ichadora wrote:
I never watched HxH before it premiered on Toonami, but I love Erica's performance of Gon! You definitely get a sense of his character by how she voices him, and how much she does seem to enjoy her role. Honestly, I'm loving all of the voicing talent they got for the show. I just hope that, if I ever go back to re-watch it in the sub, it doesn't influence me so much that I won't watch it subbed in any way.

I first watched the 2011 series in Japanese, but that hasn't stopped me from loving the dub, so you should be alright. Smile It's possible to enjoy both versions of something.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:43 am Reply with quote
I have heaed on some YT videos of Erica's con panels where she said she needs to be careful with how she says the following: "I do little boys".
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:41 am Reply with quote
bleachj0j wrote:
diamoundheadx wrote:

Nice bait.

Anyway, Erica plays a really good Gon. She manages to nail his perky attitude, and I look forward to seeing how she plays his more darker moments later on.

yea that is gonna be tricky. but considering how dark things it was in kill la kill and that series was beyond over the top. its might be possible it will go on without a hitch. also ignore the other guy. its not worth it.

Quote:
but he's also got something beyond optimism and fighting spirit—he's got a cutting edge, and maybe even a willingness to kill.

i kinda doubt that. this IS a shonen jump title after all and considering gon is supposed to be 12 yrs old, the willingness to kill seems unlikely. not to mention that he more or less have the same personality as a young goku and naruto. a lot of fighting spirit, highly naive, too pure hearted for their own good thereby dont or wont have the instinct to kill. so its unlikely that it will actually happen unless someones ends up killing his aunt mito or his dad jin right in front of his eyes ala what happened in fairy tails' tartaros arc, then i can see the killing instinct occuring ,but now? highly unlikely.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2