• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru Anime Gets Sequel

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:12 am Reply with quote
If only this wasn't complete garbage. I just want my damn Nozaki-kun season 2, it might happen, let's wait and see...
Animepokegirl89

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:08 am Reply with quote
Thorfinn wrote:
If only this wasn't complete garbage. I just want my damn Nozaki-kun season 2, it might happen, let's wait and see...

I can't say anything on this Anime (Because I haven't seen it.) but, I do want a 2nd season of Nozaki-kun. I own all the Manga volumes out right now. (Yen Press.) It's hilarious. xD
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:19 am Reply with quote
While I didn't find it groundbreaking, it was a cute little show and I liked it despite knowing next to nothing about the original game. I'm glad it's getting a sequel.
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:51 am Reply with quote
Well I hope Season 2 will have another great Opening theme, that was pretty much all I liked about season 1.
Zunda-mochi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:58 am Reply with quote
As a Token Ranbu fan, I say "YAY!" This was the most cutest adaption of a game ever and I really loved it. Probably this and Thunderbolt Fantasy are the only other shows I watch nowadays since recent anime hasn't really been interesting lately for me.

I'm betting they'll put in the rest of the cast starting from the Genji Brothers (Higekiri and Hizamaru) to maybe Sengo Muramasa, since season 1 only had up to Nihongou appear.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:04 am Reply with quote
Yeah, this series is really good. This and YOI were the only things I watched last year because everything else looked bad.

But just a note - the names don't get switched around for this series. They're already in personal name - family name order. So... yeah. It looks weird the way you have it.
Rivailloli

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:04 am Reply with quote
I enjoyed S1 to some extent, so I look forward to the sequel.

Thorfinn wrote:

Please, it wasn't even that bad of an anime. Also if you want S2 of Nozaki-kun then complain to the production committee that funded it. Dogakoba can't do anything about it unless the committee wants another season.
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:20 am Reply with quote
Rivailloli wrote:

Thorfinn wrote:

Please, it wasn't even that bad of an anime. Also if you want S2 of Nozaki-kun then complain to the production committee that funded it. Dogakoba can't do anything about it unless the committee wants another season.

"It wasn't even that bad of an anime.".

Yikes, it was terrible. And I am aware that Dogakobo can't make a s2 unless the committee approves it, but I don't see what relevance that has to my post, I just expressed my desires for a season 2 of Nozaki-kun.
Samiamiam

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:26 am Reply with quote
Thorfinn wrote:
Rivailloli wrote:

Thorfinn wrote:

Yikes, it was terrible. And I am aware that Dogakobo can't make a s2 unless the committee approves it, but I don't see what relevance that has to my post, I just expressed my desires for a season 2 of Nozaki-kun.

I don't see the relevance Nozaki-kun has to this article. If you don't like the show, why are you commenting on its sequel announcement? Perhaps your time could be better spent elsewhere?
Zunda-mochi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:43 am Reply with quote
^
Of course, anyone that hasn't played the game and got to know the characters from there is going to say the anime is 'terrible.' Like, the anime is literally just something for us already existing Tourabu fans to enjoy beyond what the game is offering in limited characterization.

As a person playing the game at the moment, I'm totally happy seeing Yasusada and the rest of the sword boys being happy and doing cute, everyday things, rather then seeing them get broken and destroyed by enemy kebishiis (though, this is what the Katsugeki anime is probably going to head towards).
Vycey

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:16 pm Reply with quote
How about less Yamatonokami this time around... please?
Zzshcl

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:21 pm Reply with quote
The bluray sold well so it was expected, hopefully we get sth less kawaii lol

For people asking sequel about other shows, go and buy the bluray Rolling Eyes
Rivailloli

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Thorfinn wrote:

Yeeaahhh, idc if you think it's terrible. Cry about it to someone else.

It has relevance because the only reason you're complaining is because you see Dogakoba and think "Why aren't they making what I want." Nozaki-kun has no relevance in this forum topic, so why even bring it up?
Proud2bPnoy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:55 am Reply with quote
Thorfinn wrote:

your comment looks like it came out from MAL or Reddit, oh wait big surprise lel. This garbage sold around 20k for just 2 vols. while Gekkan was around 10k for all 12 volumes idfk, guess what a 2nd cour was already announced long before your rant and the 1st season came out.
And you do realize that Ufotable is going to direct the 2nd cour, 2 different stuff and S2 will not be sht since it's gonna have all the non-chill Michael Bay ufotable budget.
iamtooawesome

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:50 am Reply with quote
Proud2bPnoy wrote:
Thorfinn wrote:

And you do realize that Ufotable is going to direct the 2nd cour, 2 different stuff and S2 will not be sht since it's gonna have all the non-chill Michael Bay ufotable budget.

Proud2bPnoy is right and you just got roasted, Hanamaru really sold well so it deserves a sequel

Last edited by iamtooawesome on Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2