• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Monster Strike Smartphone Game's English Version Shuts Down in August

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:13 pm Reply with quote
As long as the anime keeps getting subbed then everything is fine.
epicwizard

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:20 pm Reply with quote
Really unfortunately to hear. I remember downloading and playing the game on my family's iPad on the drive over to my grandparent's house one weekend during September 2016. It was pretty fun and I was planning on eventually downloading it on my iPhone, but I kept putting it off, and off, and off. Now I seriously need to play it again before the servers shut down.
Scytalle
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:46 pm Reply with quote
Really bummed out about this. I just hit over 500 days logging in, poured a ton of time and effort (and a bit of cash) into this game. It's deeper than pretty much every phone game I've ever seen, with interesting skill based mechanics, and online co-op play. Gonna be really sad to lose my account and the stable of monsters I've built up over the years. Never did get to full clear all the colossals.

I could hop over to the JP version, but it would take just too much to get back anywhere close to where I was on the english version. Guess I'll install Fire Emblem Heroes instead...
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:12 am Reply with quote
Bummer. This looked like the sort of mobile game that could've caught on in the west too. But the mobile market is a crapshoot: There's so much stuff coming out all the time that youneed either name brand recognition or to get quite lucky to be noticed at all.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1