• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Voice Actor: See You in the Movie Version

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 11:33 am Reply with quote
It could be just wishful thinking on Kawanishi's part, but even if they got the green light for some compilation movies, I assume they'd only come out after G-Reco's.
Agent355

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 11:36 am Reply with quote
Let's see...80% chance it's a compilation movie...20% chance it's something to be excited about!
pajmo9

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 11:54 am Reply with quote
My guess is that it's the series chopped up and shortened with a few extra scenes added so they can say it has new animation when they advertise it. That seem to be the standard.
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 12:02 pm Reply with quote
See you again? Does that mean Mikazuki is coming back in Movie version? Please let be a completely new story and not a compilation movie aka recap story from TV series.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
Let's see...80% chance it's a compilation movie...20% chance it's something to be excited about!

More like 100% chance. Every tv gundam since Turn-A aside from the BF stuff has gotten compilation movies. Given that and how nonchalantly he dropped it, it is incredibly obvious what he meant.

And while I want to see them just let the trash heap fade into the past, a movie sequel would be a horrible idea. It would really need at least a 1 cour series because they would need to introduce and build up not only a new villain but a new group of protagonists. I realize Eugene and others are around, but all of their pilots are gone. It would either be overly simple and boring or ridiculously rushed.
Nyren

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 12:30 pm Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:
Agent355 wrote:

More like 100% chance. Every tv gundam since Turn-A aside from the BF stuff has gotten compilation movies. Given that and how nonchalantly he dropped it, it is incredibly obvious what he meant.

And while I want to see them just let the trash heap fade into the past, a movie sequel would be a horrible idea. It would really need at least a 1 cour series because they would need to introduce and build up not only a new villain but a new group of protagonists. I realize Eugene and others are around, but all of their pilots are gone. It would either be overly simple and boring or ridiculously rushed.
I'd much rather get a prequel set during the Calamity War. IBO was the best Gundam series in a while, but the story is done. The only story that can be told at this point is the Calamity War.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Nyren wrote:
I'd much rather get a prequel set during the Calamity War. IBO was the best Gundam series in a while, but the story is done. The only story that can be told at this point is the Calamity War.

I've made my position on IBO clear in the past with regards to the actual story but honestly, I would totally be down for a Calamity War prequel as I feel like IBO's setting itself is ripe for exploitation, especially with the Calamity War spoiler[and absolutely overpowered Mobile Armors like Hashmal] that never gets fully used in the show itself.

Heck, they even say that they were 72 Gundam Frames that were used in the past and even bringing in the spinoffs, we've not seen nearly as many. Most of its probably background fluff and Try Age/G Generation bait but still...

I'm just curious of what some of the original designs are, Barby especially. Plus if it means more fights on par with the Battle of Chryse arc, I'd totally be down.
Nyren

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Lynx Amali wrote:
Nyren wrote:

I've made my position on IBO clear in the past with regards to the actual story but honestly, I would totally be down for a Calamity War prequel as I feel like IBO's setting itself is ripe for exploitation, especially with the Calamity War spoiler[and absolutely overpowered Mobile Armors like Hashmal] that never gets fully used in the show itself.

Heck, they even say that they were 72 Gundam Frames that were used in the past and even bringing in the spinoffs, we've not seen nearly as many. Most of its probably background fluff and Try Age/G Generation bait but still...

I'm just curious of what some of the original designs are, Barby especially. Plus if it means more fights on par with the Battle of Chryse arc, I'd totally be down.
Well, reading descriptions, Barbatos Form 3 and Gusion Rebake are close to what those two originally looked like, and Bael obviously never changed. Flauros didn't have any changes either.
Topgunguy

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Nyren wrote:
SilverTalon01 wrote:
Agent355 wrote:

Hell will freeze over before AU get more attention. They get the occasional movie sequel or compilation but in terms of expanding the worlds and histories, practically never. Episode Zero is long overdue. AGE ended before the 100 year mark, so there's more they can add to the war and the Day Angel Fell would be nice to see. SEED's movie isn't coming at all and they built up quite a history for the creation of Coordinators. UC gets special treatment and most of what they add to it is meaningless and in no way adds to the timeline. I don't care for another OYW side story, if they must make more UC materiel they should have made Crossbone Gundam by now and left that Zeon/Feddy war alone because IT'S DONE!
K-Anime

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Probably compilation movies. Well anyways i'm emotionally done with IBO, especially when it went downhill after the mess that happened the 2nd half of season 2. Personally, i wouldn't want a prequel exampling a war that doesn't help the main IBO story since it's done already. Maybe, Sunrise could've aired a prequel in-between S1 and S2. And i don't want a sequel with completely different new characters, who would feel almost forced down our throats (and not fan of the let's have a sequel/spin-off focused on the protagonist kid or new generation type of series). Haha, that's my little ramble here.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 9:38 am Reply with quote
If the VA are announcing a movie version before an official announcement is made, they could be shooting themselves in the foot. Let's not forget about the possibility of NDAs.
simona.com

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:15 am Reply with quote
already wasted 2yrs of my life on this crap*, ain't gonna give'em a single minute more.

* too much hot hunks- erm sorry, cool characters slaughtering for the sake of very cheap drama for my liking.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1