• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 1st Fate/stay night: Heaven's Feel Film's 2nd Trailer Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:38 am Reply with quote
If all the movies have the same 2h30 length, in an anime format, that would have been around 21 episodes, right?
SpaceTheGamer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:33 pm Reply with quote
They're changing (upgrading) a lot from the orignal novel. And I must say I really like what ufotable is doing here. The new fights look amazing xD
relyat08

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:10 pm Reply with quote
AksaraKishou wrote:
If all the movies have the same 2h30 length, in an anime format, that would have been around 21 episodes, right?

Where'd you get the idea that this would be 2.5 hours long?
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:44 pm Reply with quote
SpaceTheGamer wrote:
They're changing (upgrading) a lot from the orignal novel. And I must say I really like what ufotable is doing here. The new fights look amazing xD

Yeah, it looks like one of the main characters that has a super small part in HF is getting a bump in screen time.
louis6578

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:42 pm Reply with quote
AWW! I wanted to see some Kotomine action! Aside from that, I'm hyped. I know Fate/Zero is the better story, but Heaven's Feel is basically the height of the action excitement. I can't WAIT to see this. It'll definitely be worth it once it gets dubbed and released in America, hopefully in theaters.
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:25 pm Reply with quote
Geez, I keep feeling like watching all previous Fate animes again with each new trailer/tidbit released to keep my craving satiated. Heaven's Feel just can't come soon enough!
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:33 pm Reply with quote
I feel these movies are failing to have their own identity. The original Fate, Zero, and UBW had their individuality - this however, feels almost like a remix of UBW with a little added content.
Sure, the plot will be new, but the actual "feel" of these films seems like an OVA for UBW at best. The director did so little to differentiate it, kinda how UBW was unique in its presentation and atmosphere was not simply more of Zero.
relyat08

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:50 pm Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:
I feel these movies are failing to have their own identity. The original Fate, Zero, and UBW had their individuality - this however, feels almost like a remix of UBW with a little added content.
Sure, the plot will be new, but the actual "feel" of these films seems like an OVA for UBW at best. The director did so little to differentiate it, kinda how UBW was unique in its presentation and atmosphere was not simply more of Zero.

You can tell all that just from the PV? The only other PV had almost zero information and this one doesn't look anything like UBW to me...
jl07045

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:02 am Reply with quote
I anything it looks more like Kara no Kyoukai not UBW.
SpaceTheGamer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:17 am Reply with quote
jl07045 wrote:

Is there something wrong with that? I like what ufotable is doing with this route
Erowax

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:39 pm Reply with quote
jl07045 wrote:

... Maybe because it's not UBW but Heaven's Feel? Wouldn't it be boring if the a route is way too similar to another?
Erowax

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:45 pm Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:

You do know that Fate/Zero was partially inspired from Heaven's Feel right? If not for that route there wouldn't be any foreshadowing for Sakura. And rather than an OVA feel for UBW you should already tell that the story will take a different turn (a darker atmosphere for one, and other things which will be revealed in the actual movie)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1