• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sentai Filmworks to Dub Haikyu!!, Flip Flappers, Tanaka-kun is Always Listless, Haven't You Heard? I

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Wow...Haikyu is actually being dubbed? I don't know how to take this. After years of complaining on ask sentai and social media, I just can't believe it. It's actually happening.

Last edited by GoldCrusader on Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
DuchessBianca

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:41 pm Reply with quote
I have been so happy with Sentai for over a year now with all their amazing LE's and so much great dubs but this confirms it, they are officially my favorite NA Anime Distributor! I am so happy and excited by this news I could cry! Plus Squid Girl Season 2 dub!!! Anime cry Unlikely to happen but if they can get back Christine Cabanos to reprise her role as Squid Girl I'd hug them!!
CatSword

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:44 pm Reply with quote
You know, there's another former Media Blasters show with an incomplete dub that could use Sentai's love as well...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
gabuhaha

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Finally, Haikyu is getting a dub!
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I wonder how soon these titles will be coming? Flip Flappers would make an awesome addition to Toonami, though I believe its next mid-block vacancies AOT S2 and Tokyo Ghoul will likely be going to Gundam IBO S2 and JJBA: Stardust Crusaders.
MischievousMelody

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:55 pm Reply with quote
It's about time Squid Girl season 2 got dubbed!
SailorPluto1313

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:01 pm Reply with quote
I cant believe haikyu is finally getting a dub and a box set!! I've been bothering them since last year! Thanks to everyone for making this happen!!!
Random Name

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Hmm was really hoping for some news about Fate Kaleid but guess not.
yuna49

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:13 pm Reply with quote
I'm very surprised Flip Flappers is being released on disc, and even more surprised that it got a dub. Maybe the viewing data on Crunchyroll was better than I thought, but this show is certainly a niche taste. Japanese sales so far have averaged only 800 discs per release, and the show was pretty much ignored by the vast bulk of the anime viewing audience in the West.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Kind of expected dub announcements with all the buzz online, but it is good to hear confirmation. I had already planned to buy Flip Flappers, but I welcome a dub and a potential LE set.

DuchessBianca wrote:
Plus Squid Girl Season 2 dub!!! Anime cry Unlikely to happen but if they can get back Christine Cabanos to reprise her role as Squid Girl I'd hug them!!
She is still active, right? Sentai could outsource the dub to whomever dubbed season 1. They did the same when they released season 2 of K-On.

yuna49 wrote:
I'm very surprised Flip Flappers is being released on disc, and even more surprised that it got a dub. Maybe the viewing data on Crunchyroll was better than I thought, but this show is certainly a niche taste. Japanese sales so far have averaged only 800 discs per release, and the show was pretty much ignored by the vast bulk of the anime viewing audience in the West.
I am not surprised. I have heard very positive opinions about the show and people asking for a dub. Flip Flappers is niche show, but it should have enough fans to warrant a dub and a disc release. And I don't think poor Japanese sales numbers play that big of a role when West publishers decide to do physical releases.

Last edited by Angel M Cazares on Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheMorry

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:20 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Kind of expected dub announcements with all the buzz online, but it is good to hear confirmation. I had already planned to buy Flip Flappers, but I welcome a dub and a potential LE set.

DuchessBianca wrote:
Plus Squid Girl Season 2 dub!!! Anime cry Unlikely to happen but if they can get back Christine Cabanos to reprise her role as Squid Girl I'd hug them!!

She is still active, right? Sentai could outsource the dub to whomever dubbed season 1. They did the same when they released season 2 of K-On.
Yea she is still active. Latest rolls: Aldnoah, Sailor Moon, SAO etc. Think she is good Razz.

I really hope Sentai will go do what they have done with K-on, get back the original cast.I dont know how good S1 sold but I bet they will go for the original cast.
DuchessBianca

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:22 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
DuchessBianca wrote:

She is! spoiler[ Though to my knowledge hasn't had a major role in any big releases in awhile. -sadness ] I just don't believe Sentai has ever themselves outsourced a dub to Bang Zoom to my knowledge so I wasn't sure how much of a real possibility financially/other factors wise it is to potentially happen.
TheMorry

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:24 pm Reply with quote
DuchessBianca wrote:
angelmcazares wrote:
DuchessBianca wrote:

She is! spoiler[ Though to my knowledge hasn't had a major role in any big releases in awhile. -sadness ] I just don't believe Sentai has ever themselves outsourced a dub to Bang Zoom to my knowledge so I wasn't sure how much of a real possibility financially/other factors wise it is to potentially happen.
Wasnt K-on S2 and the movie outsourced?

Edit:

Just checked. bang zoom recorded S2 and the movie.

Last edited by TheMorry on Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
wastrel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:24 pm Reply with quote
That's a lot of dubs, especially coming from Sentai. I'd bet it's part of their strategy to provide as much dubbed material as they can for the new HIDIVE streaming service.
Zoneflare

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:26 pm Reply with quote
happy to see that dub fans are getting some love. But Tanaka is getting dubbed? That was a boring series and that money should go to another series that was more interesting like girlish number or even Matoi the sacred slayer.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3