• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam Twilight AXIS Anime Gets Compilation Film

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:58 am Reply with quote
What I've seen of the series did need to be fleshed out a bit more, so hearing that they are adding new scenes is nice.
AkaRed

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Knew it then I'll watch the movie version instead of those short anime episode.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:29 pm Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:
What I've seen of the series did need to be fleshed out a bit more, so hearing that they are adding new scenes is nice.

That doesn't surprise me at all. They're trying to stuff a whole novel in 23 minutes.

Anyway, I figured they'd do a Thunderbolt with it and haven't watched S2 of that or TA. I'm sure it will at least look really nice on bluray.
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:47 pm Reply with quote
The shorts could've looked better too IMO. But I won't really complain about that.

Seriously, the short length of Twilight Axis's episodes made me wonder what the hell the producers were aiming for in the first place.
pajmo9

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:54 pm Reply with quote
BlueAlf wrote:
The shorts could've looked better too IMO. But I won't really complain about that.

Seriously, the short length of Twilight Axis's episodes made me wonder what the hell the producers were aiming for in the first place.

I read in an interview that it was originally not even supposed to be animated and it was going to be a motion comic.

Osamu Tahitian wrote:
Origin Studio is producing "Twilight AXIS" as well. There was talk of producing something in collaboration with Ark Performance. At first we even considered going in a "picture drama" direction, where there's not much movement, but I just couldn't go along with that. If we're going to spend that much time and effort, I wanted something that would be animated, so we did that. We hired Mr. (Sejoon) Kim, who is an acquaintance of mine, as director on "Twilight AXIS," and the mechanical animation director Mr. (Shingo) Abe. They're at the heart of that and they're in their thirties, and unlike THE ORIGIN, they're animating everything in the hand-drawn style. In terms of era, it's close to "UC," and several new mobile suits appear. We're aiming to create a new feeling with the project. It seems like they thought I could keep working on Gundam since I've been in charge on "THE ORIGIN." I'm producing them both simultaneously.
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:47 pm Reply with quote
pajmo9 wrote:

I read in an interview that it was originally not even supposed to be animated and it was going to be a motion comic.

Osamu Tahitian wrote:
Origin Studio is producing "Twilight AXIS" as well. There was talk of producing something in collaboration with Ark Performance. At first we even considered going in a "picture drama" direction, where there's not much movement, but I just couldn't go along with that. If we're going to spend that much time and effort, I wanted something that would be animated, so we did that. We hired Mr. (Sejoon) Kim, who is an acquaintance of mine, as director on "Twilight AXIS," and the mechanical animation director Mr. (Shingo) Abe. They're at the heart of that and they're in their thirties, and unlike THE ORIGIN, they're animating everything in the hand-drawn style. In terms of era, it's close to "UC," and several new mobile suits appear. We're aiming to create a new feeling with the project. It seems like they thought I could keep working on Gundam since I've been in charge on "THE ORIGIN." I'm producing them both simultaneously.

Thank you.

I think I'm starting to get it now. So it's like an experimental side project that got more budget than expected, that was meant to pave way for newer material. (Which I think is supposedly the Crossbone Vanguard-era of the UC timeline.)
#alfrescoCR

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:37 am Reply with quote
BlueAlf wrote:

its just there to "advertise" the light novel the anime was based on, like "hey, you have just watched Gundam twilight axis anime and it's your time to read the freaking light novel to continue the story" type of advertisement. BTW, twilight axis anime just barely scratched the surface of the LN (maybe volume 1 and 2), and probably there will be plenty of volumes to be released on the future(probably). Well, if youre interested on the novel itself, you can read it for free on there LN website for free but you need to use google translate which is a pain on the ass sometimes, better read fan translations.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1