• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card Anime's English-Subtitled 2nd Promo Video Reveals Crunchyroll St

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NJ_

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:05 am Reply with quote
It's also posted on FUNi's website with confirmation of a simuldub happening in it's description.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjJnUjTXTlo
catbot158

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:33 am Reply with quote
What a surprise! Maybe the cast of Tsubasa Chronicles will reprise their roles, though maybe a new cast will be better since this is a different canon. I also wonder if that means they're trying to get the original series as well...
NJ_

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:41 am Reply with quote
catbot158 wrote:
I also wonder if that means they're trying to get the original series as well...

NIS America still has it since they re-released it in a regular edition set 5 months ago.

The big question now is if FUNi is trying to get the Sealed Card movie since nobody has that here.

Last edited by NJ_ on Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:47 am; edited 1 time in total
elior1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:45 am Reply with quote
the new promo is so pretty
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:38 am Reply with quote
FUNi has it! Fantastic news! Bring me that simuldub.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:55 am Reply with quote
OMG yessss this means Funi has most likely licensed it!
Asrialys

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:03 am Reply with quote
Sealed Card English cast please? Although, with Sakura being in the upper-tier of characters to voice, they may go with someone local and big, like having Monica Rial "reprise" the namesake...

While unlikely, I would also love FUNimation or Crunchyroll to wrest the TV series license from NIS America and give us the BD with proper subtitles that the series deserves...
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:21 am Reply with quote
Good. The trailer has intrigued me and made me finally interested in this sequel. I hope Funimation's dub captures the magic and sweetness of the show.

TsukasaElkKite wrote:
OMG yessss this means Funi has most likely licensed it!

If you mean disc distribution rights, Funimation most likely has them. But the master license probably belongs to Crunchyroll.

Asrialys wrote:
While unlikely, I would also love FUNimation or Crunchyroll to wrest the TV series license from NIS America and give us the BD with proper subtitles that the series deserves...

I am frankly more interested in a new English dub.
BlackJaded

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:02 pm Reply with quote
I can expect Funi to prepare an All-Star Cast list for the sequel. Since Matt Hill now lives California could be expected to reprise his role as Kero including Stephanie Sheh as Sakura and JYB as Li.

The sequel better live up to expectations
NJ_

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Asrialys wrote:
Sealed Card English cast please? Although, with Sakura being in the upper-tier of characters to voice, they may go with someone local and big, like having Monica Rial "reprise" the namesake...

Yeah, plus the Sealed Card dub was union so although they have done it in the past, I don't see FUNi going that extra mile to get that cast back.

With that said, if they do eventually get the Sealed Card, they better include both dubs (if a redub was to be planned for it).

Quote:

I wish...

I don't even mind the Animax dub as much as most but you know it's bad when that dub is more accurate to the show's important moments than NISA's subs.
Primus

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:25 pm Reply with quote
BlackJaded wrote:
I can expect Funi to prepare an All-Star Cast list for the sequel. Since Matt Hill now lives California could be expected to reprise his role as Kero including Stephanie Sheh as Sakura and JYB as Li.

The sequel better live up to expectations

I don't know where this "Matt Hill lives in Cali" thing came from (you're now the fourth person I've seen say it), but it's not true. Among other things, he has a fairly major role in Beyblade Burst, which he records in Vancouver. You can check out his Twitter account where he posts about running in local marathons (though, his most recent one was in Mexico).

Given it's a "simuldub" I'd expect it to 100% be a local Texas voice cast. Maybe borrowing some of the actors from Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicles.
Yuki_Kun45
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:32 pm Reply with quote
Funimation I just love you! I'm so looking forward to the new CCS series and I'm happy you have it!
Animechic420

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Despite not caring for certain characters, I'll still watch Cardcaptor Sakura for nostalgia proposes. Anime smallmouth
SnowWarren

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:03 pm Reply with quote
I didn't like the Sealed Card English cast or at least I didn't like Sakura and Tomoyo who sounded really forced to me. Everyone else was fine.

I know no one wants to be remind of the Cardcaptor's dub but that VA for Sakura was really natural sounding and I hope Funimation goes down the route with this dub too as copying the high pitched tone of the Japanese doesn't usually work out for in English.

Wasn't a fan of Monica Rial in Tsubasa either as she sounded too nasal and I can't see her doing the chants/screams very well.
BlackJaded wrote:
Since Matt Hill now lives California could be expected to reprise his role as Kero.

Oh, don't tease me.
CANimeFan88

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Is Funimation really going to license this new anime? If that's the case, why didn't they license the original anime and films for Blu-ray?

I think it would be better if they did acquire the license from NIS or whatever.

Does a re-dub of CCS sound good?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2