• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Virtual Japanese YouTuber Raises Eyebrows Overseas

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lord Oink

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Kizuna Ai is better.
yappers4

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:18 pm Reply with quote
First, I think most things on 4chan shouldn't be taken seriously as it is a site that primarily thrives on memes and extreme political topics and the type of users found on that site. Second, I see nothing wrong with Kaguya Luna, at least in the way that a typically eccentric YouTuber would be behave with random action cuts, fast speaking, and random banters before addressing the topic of the video.
Jonny Mendes

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
YouTuber's sometimes erratic movements along with her rapid, stream-of-consciousness speech contribute to an experience that might unsettle some viewers.

Not that different from many 3D human YouTuber's. Lots and lots of them look like they are high on something. At least she is cute.
Arale Kurashiki

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:38 pm Reply with quote
she's just having a good time
ximpalullaorg

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Not particularly weird, It's on the same level of certain videos I watch on nico regularly, I'd say.
KH91

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Drugs? lol That's funny. With that said.... her chest is not reserved. Cool
Tripple-A

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Kizuna Ai is better.
RaylenCypher

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Lord Oink wrote:
Kizuna Ai is better.

Tripple-A wrote:
Kizuna Ai is better.

Mirai Akari is better.
omegaproxy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:31 pm Reply with quote
Kizuna Ai, Superior
Neohybrid_kai

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:43 pm Reply with quote
RaylenCypher wrote:
Lord Oink wrote:
Kizuna Ai is better.

Tripple-A wrote:
Kizuna Ai is better.

Mirai Akari is better.

Siro is better.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:48 pm Reply with quote
I've watched Luna Kaguya's intro video, and I found that she's not that much different from the average YouTuber who engages in quirky interests. My preference is geared toward Ai Kizuna, but I might give Luna's videos a watch every now and then.
4chansentmehere

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:51 am Reply with quote
I just came here to say this, the whole cocaine-chan thing was based on a friggin joke based off her hyperactive attitude and whoever wrote this article went off the deepend, Japanese 2channers (Japanese) and 4channers think very differently about Luna, 2channers actually came up with the whole strong zero meme (which is an alcoholic drink spurred by Kizuna Ai's response during a discussion the 2 had on twitter, infact Kaguya Luna spoke to all the major virtual youtubers).

And the Japanese are actually quite fascinated by us, the fact we love the virtual youtubers just as much as them, perhaps more so and regularly cross-check their memes with ours, why, because its fun, although I felt a bit insulted when they assumed "the anime man" from kizuna ai's collaboration videos was the reason why we came to like virtual youtubers, we actually liked them well before Kizuna Ai got fan subbers.

We here love all Virtual Youtubers and Luna is the very one who brought them all together, if not for Luna they would have been in their own separate universes, now they're all one, you guys should have a look at our discussions and see we're just having good old fashioned fun, just ignore the fetishes and general shit posting.

I'll take my leave, but tldr your article writer should have had a look, even we're telling ourselves to meme responsibly.
SWAnimefan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:34 am Reply with quote
First time viewing a Virtual Youtuber and Kaguya sure does have quite the eccentric personality. Though personally, I think the rambling will quickly grow tiresome.

If I had some advice to give her: Slow it up and stick to a subject.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:58 am Reply with quote
Definitely drugs... yep
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:59 pm Reply with quote
I think there is nothing more enjoyable than watching someone enjoying what they do communicating it to others. Kaguya Luna does this well. However, there are multiple audio cuts so she is not continuously talking like that. Indeed I'd like to see someone who can keep that up for a solid three minutes! The tongue twisters were amazing and drugs aren't necessarily involved. She'd obviously a very intelligent and energetic teenager doing the audio in the morning (maybe the only time she can pull it off!). I'm sold, but may check out Kizuna Ai.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2