• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bleach Live-Action Film Casts Uryū, Renji, Byakuya

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Wow at Renji.

Quote:
MIYAVI (live-action Blade of the Immortal theme song performer) as Byakuya Kuchiki

Looking at how good MIYAVI looks as Byakuya....should I be expecting Takanori Nishikawa to be in this now?
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:40 pm Reply with quote
I don't expect this to be good, but I do like all of the city rubble in the photos. Bleach fights are supposed to be stuff like people getting kicked through buildings and leaving craters in the streets. It looks like they have captured some element of that.

My hopes aren't high but it's gone from definitely terrible to not impossible for it to not to be terrible.
Animorphimagi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:48 pm Reply with quote
this all looks really good EXCEPT why are Renji and Byakuya appearing in the daylight in these pictures? I doubt the story could properly show the intensity of their appearances in the day time. It doesn't make sense, it's different from the manga/anime, and it is likely to make you wonder way too many questions that were never an issue in previous adaptations like "why can't normal people see them? can normal people see all this destroyed property? do the soul reapers not care about hiding their presence and actions from the human world?"
Hopefully they show up at night in the movie but Japanese live actions movies have clumsy mistakes like these so much I don't have much hope for it.
omegaproxy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:52 pm Reply with quote
I usually hate Japanese live action movies due to their actors over acting, or casting Japanese Asians as western white characters (where you can only get away with in anime/games). Are we supposed to pretend they're not Japanese or something ?
But this looks promising. Casting Miyavi is definitely a game changer.
Beansprout Midget

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:16 pm Reply with quote
I'm gonna go into this movie like the other Japanese live-action adaptions; get the connection to the original story and characters, and go with it. While I'd appreciate the affects and such being better, if it gives me the characters and the similar story, I'm good. My standards are pretty low (As the one fan of the Casshan live-action), so it really can't be that awful to me. And no Orihime yet?

On another note, Fourze and Meteor are in another project together and, as a big fan of that series, I cannot contain my joy. Very Happy
SWAnimefan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:58 am Reply with quote
Sorry to disagree, but they look like cosplayers with cheap outfits than costumes of a film production.
joe_g7

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:08 am Reply with quote
Wow, I'm surprised that Renji actually looks good.
UkiyaSeed

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:43 am Reply with quote
A Kamen Rider reunion in this movie? Yep, I am so watching it while doing Kamen Rider Fourze references. The press junkie for this one should be interesting to watch.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Animorphimagi wrote:
this all looks really good EXCEPT why are Renji and Byakuya appearing in the daylight in these pictures? I doubt the story could properly show the intensity of their appearances in the day time.

I honestly don't remember their being any intensity in their appearance because of the time of day.

Animorphimagi wrote:
It doesn't make sense, it's different from the manga/anime, and it is likely to make you wonder way too many questions that were never an issue in previous adaptations like "why can't normal people see them?

If you're a casual person whose never read the manga maybe if you're someone who has and has read the explanations as to why this happens? no you won't.

Animorphimagi wrote:
can normal people see all this destroyed property?

Given that Hollows and Soul Reapers are basically spirits who like most spirits in fiction can physically interact with objects? I believe they can as the chapters with Ichigo's family, Orihime, & Chad made pretty clear.

Animorphimagi wrote:
do the soul reapers not care about hiding their presence

Hiding their presence is one thing, completely mitigating the damage that Hollows cause is another.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1