• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NieR: Automata Developers Discuss Possible Continuation

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ICO44

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:58 pm Reply with quote
I absolutely LOVED Nier Automata, it was my GOTY last year but this game doesn't need sequel. I personally rather see Yoko Taro make new IP.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:50 pm Reply with quote
ICO44 wrote:
I absolutely LOVED Nier Automata, it was my GOTY last year but this game doesn't need sequel. I personally rather see Yoko Taro make new IP.

True. Though I wouldn't mind a prequel focusing on A2 and the early days of the war with the machines.
H. Guderian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Aye, i'm glad the lynchpin is Taro wanting to or not. If not for being a smash success the lynchpin would be how well it sold. This just confirms how well it did. but yeah, on to new things.
whiskeyii

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:58 pm Reply with quote
I'd be down for more Drakengard stuff; much as I dug D3's craziness, its execution wasn't the best way to introduce a new generation to the Drakengard series. >.>
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:17 pm Reply with quote
ICO44 wrote:

To be fair, I (and plenty of others) thought the first Nier would be impossible to follow up on with how it ended and Automata proved us wrong so I'm choosing not to doubt Taro again if he has an idea for a third entry.
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:39 am Reply with quote
I would really enjoy a sequel, it was without doubt among the best recent jrpg, i would like the gameplay to be a little less repetitive though it was still seriously fun
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1