• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Limited Reveals English Dub Cast for Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DDragonking

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:26 am Reply with quote
So will we get this sooner or later
Zoneflare

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:48 am Reply with quote
DDragonking wrote:

That's a hard question to answer considering "a silent voice" got similar treatment. Plus no one knows the current state of ponycan USA. They havnt releases anything since July of last year yet actively post on their fb page.
RoamFree

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:11 am Reply with quote
Of course Tuxedo Mask is voicing the loveable rogue Adlet. I'm interested in how Alisa Ayase's VA tackles an Aoi Yuki character. Sai as Hans Humpty? I can buy it. I await the previews that give us the voices used for these characters.
mgosdin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:17 am Reply with quote
It's always good to be hopeful. PonyCanyon Japan appears to be deep in a reorganization / sell-off of parts of the business. So perhaps they will reconsider their North American venture.

Otherwise, I do have an Amazon UK account. So this is doable most definitely.

Mark Gosdin
TheMorry

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:16 am Reply with quote
This is great news. I was worried with anything Ponycan licensed in USA wouldn't be dubbed. Because i doubt that Yuki Yuna is a hero sold really well because of the ridicules Japanese pricing used... Perhaps there is some hope for Welcome to the Ballroom and Sound! Euphonium after all.

I do wonder who produced this dub btw. Did Ponycan paid for it? If so why was there a sub only release? It would be a first if Anime Limited produced a dub for a tv series other than for a movie.

Honestly I hope Ponycan stops their American business.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:20 am Reply with quote
Did PonyCan USA ever dub anything other than Yuki Yuna is a Hero S1? Surely they didn’t dub Eotama, and I forget whether they did for Sound! Euphonium S1 (pretty sure they didn’t).

Other irony is that Rokka is one of the three shows that Crunchyroll did their own Spanish, Portuegese, German, and French dubs for (along with Yamada-kun and Schwarzesmarken), but that it’s only getting an English dub now, courtesy of the UK licensor.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:37 am Reply with quote
With PCUSA involved I am not sure what to think. This development gives me some hope that the day they finally exit and stop screwing with the R1 market is not too far away.

invalidname wrote:
Did PonyCan USA ever dub anything other than Yuki Yuna is a Hero S1? Surely they didn’t dub Eotama, and I forget whether they did for Sound! Euphonium S1 (pretty sure they didn’t).

YYH S1 is the only title they dubbed; Netflix probably paid for the dub of Kuromukuro.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:28 am Reply with quote
So I guess Anime Limited contracted the dub to Bang Zoom: https://twitter.com/mummynyan/status/987851540919537664

Last edited by LegitPancake on Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:11 pm Reply with quote
TheMorry wrote:
I do wonder who produced this dub btw. Did Ponycan paid for it? If so why was there a sub only release? It would be a first if Anime Limited produced a dub for a tv series other than for a movie.

My guess is that Crunchyroll paid for it. They have master international rights to the series and produced dubs in other languages. Anime Limited's news post implies that they didn't produce the dub.
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Zoneflare wrote:
DDragonking wrote:

That's a hard question to answer considering "a silent voice" got similar treatment. Plus no one knows the current state of ponycan USA. They havnt releases anything since July of last year yet actively post on their fb page.

A Silent Voice hasn't gotten a release here yet because of the legal crap surrounding them using a song from The Who. Rokka doesn't have any such problems so I seriously doubt that there would be any such issue with bringing it to R1, unless PonyCan is just that dumb (which wouldn't be surprising)
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:20 pm Reply with quote
ZeetherKID77 wrote:
A Silent Voice hasn't gotten a release here yet because of the legal crap surrounding them using a song from The Who.

What? The Who is a British rock band, and A Silent Voice has already received a home video release in the UK. Why would a British song prevent the release of a movie in America?
TdFern 87

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Be honest, I never thought to see them dubbed this anime. Which is awesome never quite finished it when it first came out. Now I can try to watch this again.
CatSword

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:15 pm Reply with quote
DDragonking wrote:

If you're in the US, it's worth getting a region-free player for Anime Limited's superior and cheaper releases.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Out of interest, how long has it been since a UK distributor commissioned a US dub themselves, as is the case here? Has such a happening occurred since the early days of Manga Entertainment?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:56 pm Reply with quote
@Zin5ki It’s already been mentioned, but A Silent Voice was commissioned by Anime Limited for a NYAV dub, and I believe Your Name was a similar case, though we haven’t seen a US home video release or online streaming of the former yet.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2