• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Popular Illustrators Design Perfect Eevee Trainers for Each Evolution

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aquamine-Amarine

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The brown furball has eight different evolutions modeled after natural elements like fire, water, ice, and wood.

Wood? There's no such type. If you're referring to Leafeon, that's a Grass type.
Calico

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I'm not really a fan. I think the Eevee and Sylveon ones are fine, but the others aren't very good. Especially the Vaporeon one, which doesn't fit at all. I've seen much better from other artists.

I'm kinda bummed out that my two favorite eeveelutions got the worst ones...
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Aquamine-Amarine wrote:
Quote:
The brown furball has eight different evolutions modeled after natural elements like fire, water, ice, and wood.

Wood? There's no such type. If you're referring to Leafeon, that's a Grass type.

Right, sorry if I wasn't clear but traditional elements include wood and grass-type is somewhat based on that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:54 pm Reply with quote
Eevee's is the best at attaining the Pokemon aesthetic, while Sylveon's is the cutest. Vaporeon's could fit in Pokemon Battle Revolution with a crisper art style, but Glaceon's is tragically plain, why would you do my favorite Eeveelution mediocre like this Japan?
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:45 pm Reply with quote
octopodpie wrote:
Aquamine-Amarine wrote:
Quote:

Right, sorry if I wasn't clear but traditional elements include wood and grass-type is somewhat based on that.

Well, if we're splitting hairs, wood IS an element in many cultures (including Japanese), and "Grass" would be the type, so you're not wrong. (Kind of like how in-game, "Steel" is a type but NPCs and Pokédexes can refer to any metal for Steel-type Pokémon and moves...which can get more confusing because the TCG refers to that type as the Metal-type.)

Say "Wood-type" though, and so many Pokémon fans will be throwing virtual tomatoes.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:58 am Reply with quote
I'm in love with the Sylveon Trainer. Her cheerleader outfit is amazingly adorable! Smile
Sahmbahdeh

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:40 am Reply with quote
I think the Sylveon one's the most creative of these.
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:33 am Reply with quote
Vapereon trainer wins all the style points. I like it the best.
Mew Berry

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:20 am Reply with quote
I actually like the Glaceon design the best, which is good since it's my favorite Eeveelution. The Sylveon trainer is definitely cute and creative though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1