• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Voice Actress Hisako Kanemoto Takes Hiatus to Study Abroad

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 3:10 am Reply with quote
Much success to her studies then. : )
manapear

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 3:38 am Reply with quote
Wow, that's weird. She's also Djeeta, and I know her voice work is pretty limited for the game, but that seems like a lot to miss out on, especially since SMC should have a film they're doing or starting?

But good for her to study abroad and do what she wants. I hope she enjoys it and finds success with her path and goals~.
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 3:58 am Reply with quote
I wished her good luck at her goals and to take care of herself in the process.
Яeverse

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 5:06 am Reply with quote
So no more food wars?
NJ_

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 9:31 am Reply with quote
manapear wrote:
Wow, that's weird. She's also Djeeta, and I know her voice work is pretty limited for the game, but that seems like a lot to miss out on, especially since SMC should have a film they're doing or starting?

If they're actually working on those films now, she'll probably get replaced as Sailor Mercury, the same thing happened when Yuko Minaguchi left to study in the US and Shino Kakinuma filled in for her as Videl (and Pan) for DBZ Kai The Final Chapters and the Toriko/One Piece/DBZ special.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 10:42 am Reply with quote
Checking her list, I see there's a LOT (at least 4) of franchise she's in that people want sequels for that she needs to be in if they do more. Girls und Panzer being one we know they're currently making movies for, so most concerning to me (Djeeta isn't that big of an issue, she rarely speaks) is Girls und Panzer. She plays one rather important character and another less important one. I hope she recorded all her work for the last films already. Having anyone else play Katyusha would be insane.

I could go on about the other shows but none that I can remember have anything greenlit so it's pointless to speculate those.

Also her debut role was in Sora no Manimani, not Sora no Woto

Last edited by Kougeru on Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
manapear

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 11:09 am Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
manapear wrote:

If they're actually working on those films now, she'll probably get replaced as Sailor Mercury, the same thing happened when Yuko Minaguchi left to study in the US and Shino Kakinuma filled in for her as Videl (and Pan) for DBZ Kai The Final Chapters and the Toriko/One Piece/DBZ special.

As rude as I feel toward Videl and Pan, they're so irrelevant to the scheme of DB anything. (I mean, most female characters. . .)

Mercury is a main part of the cast, and depending on how they follow the manga, each Senshi has her own mini-arc/bit. I can see them replacing her, it just feels so odd since she's been Mercury for each part so far, and at least for the upcoming arc, she actually has quite a bit of dialogue.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 11:42 am Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:
So no more food wars?

Give it back to Risa?
Would be kind of funny if thats what happens IMO given Taneda had a couple of her roles replaced by various replacements when she went on break.
NJ_

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 11:54 am Reply with quote
manapear wrote:
As rude as I feel toward Videl and Pan, they're so irrelevant to the scheme of DB anything. (I mean, most female characters. . .)

With Z-era Pan, true but Videl had a pretty major part in the beginning of the Majin Buu arc which was why her recast was such a big deal since that's what Kai was covering at the time and her replacement was not that great.
Heishi

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 2:22 pm Reply with quote
There was an incident with her involved?
XerneasYveltal

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 2:51 am Reply with quote
Here's to hoping that she gets to enjoy her new direction.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1