• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Watashi ni Tenshi ga Maiorita! Manga Gets TV Anime at Doga Kobo

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:58 am Reply with quote
Never would have guessed that would be a Yuri Hime title so at least there's assurance that the girls are pretty gay. Then again, it could be similar to the Yuru Yuri mold.
Wtv

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:10 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Never would have guessed that would be a Yuri Hime title so at least there's assurance that the girls are pretty gay. Then again, it could be similar to the Yuru Yuri mold.

It's like YrYr in the sense that's a comedy and probably won't develop as romance, although I find the humour in this one better.
The yuri crushes are obvious, though.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:12 am Reply with quote
Isn't the bigger issue that it's about a college student lusting after an elementary schooler? Or are we doing that double standard nonsense where it's okay because they're both girls?
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:29 am Reply with quote
That looks cute as hell, I got to watch this.
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:31 am Reply with quote
It looks cute and it makes sense that the New Game staff would be working on this. It amusing that this show and Happy Sugar Life have a similar premise but are polar opposites in terms of tone.
Wtv

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:35 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Isn't the bigger issue that it's about a college student lusting after an elementary schooler? Or are we doing that double standard nonsense where it's okay because they're both girls?

Well, don't know about the rest, but I don't come here complain when the opposite happens, so it's not double standard. I just don't watch them.
But just to make sure (I know it doesn't make it better), the mc isn't a lolicon, she just like this one girl. Most of the time she asks her to cosplay cute characters and takes photo, but the cosplay aren't ever sexualized, although her behavior is still treated as creepy.
Most of the time it's just a vanilla comedy where the MC's crush is material for the jokes. The manga also has no fanservice at all.

It's more likely that it would imply Hana being reciprocal when she grows up than actual lolicon content, tbh.
Fipse

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

Double standards? Older guy on loli is pretty popular in general.
sirdano1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Can Doga Kobo stop animating lolicon pandering trash, please.
I love the studio but I can't watch this filth.
Random Name

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:35 pm Reply with quote
This is great doga kobo + yuri = happiness^2
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Woah. Yet another yuri anime has been announced. This just keeps happening. This anime being animated by Doga Kobo (that did Yuru Yuri) and New Game staff is a great combo.

Fipse wrote:
Vaisaga wrote:

Double standards? Older guy on loli is pretty popular in general.

Same with older girl on shota. That is why there is that Sunohara anime. Age-gap yuri works like this one and Yuzumori-san which is a manga are extremely rare.
Afezeria

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Wow, this looks fun and more yuri stuff! Great! But we're getting party poopers already...

sirdano1 wrote:
Then don't watch this so called filth. There's like 40-50 anime every season now, isn't it? You're given option so use that rights.

Vaisaga wrote:

Yeah, just gonna go ahead and say that this is better than just another lolicon show that had guy as the main lead that is lusting for another girl because it's not as common and speaks a lot for my preference. At any rate, this probably shouldn't concern you if it's not up your alley. I'm all ears for everything similar to this or anything with a female protagonist.
Heishi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:48 pm Reply with quote
MC sounds like another character I must add to the "characters I must deadly assassinate" list.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:54 pm Reply with quote
So with Uchi no Maid ga Uzasugiru! ("Our Maid is Way Too Annoying!") there will be two series this fall with loli yuri? shota yuri? loli shota? I can't keep up with the terminiology Laughing
Wtv

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:11 pm Reply with quote
mangamuscle wrote:
So with Uchi no Maid ga Uzasugiru! ("Our Maid is Way Too Annoying!") there will be two series this fall with loli yuri? shota yuri? loli shota? I can't keep up with the terminiology Laughing

The right term is "OneeLoli"
Cetais

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:12 am Reply with quote
Afezeria wrote:
Wow, this looks fun and more yuri stuff! Great! But we're getting party poopers already...

sirdano1 wrote:
Then don't watch this so called filth. There's like 40-50 anime every season now, isn't it? You're given option so use that rights.

Sure, let's just ignore pedophilia.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2