• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Yuri!!! on Ice Concert With New Anime Film News to Stream Live Globally on Sunday

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crisha

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:11 am Reply with quote
I've been waiting all weekend for this. Napped some, but probably won't go to bed until after this is over (starts at 5 AM my time).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Time Bandit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:19 am Reply with quote
willag wrote:
I've been waiting all weekend for this. Napped some, but probably won't go to bed until after this is over (starts at 5 AM my time).

I didn't know about this until about 7 hours ago. And I am watching it as I type. (also 5am my time)

I don't even care if I'm tired for a 10 hour work shift today (I start at 10am). This is great stuff.
Crisha

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:24 am Reply with quote
OMG, yes, it is so great. lol, "Kobuta-chan."

Damn, this orchestra is knocking it out of the park. I love the variety of instruments that are being used and get their own solo parts.

FUUUUUUUU YES TERRA INCOGNITA. I am loving every second of this.

I am so happy to be living in a time where I can watch a live stream of this from Japan.

Last edited by Crisha on Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:36 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Time Bandit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:35 am Reply with quote
Yes! This is incredibly impressive! And that opener...my god that guy's voice was AMAZING! So glad I got up after a little nap for this. Just incredible.

Makes me jealous that I can't play an instrument anymore...I miss the piano SO much!!
Crisha

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:39 am Reply with quote
Watching the concertmaster play her violin is making me want to pick up my violin again.

Yes, that opener was amazing. I can't wait to see what they do with Theme of King JJ.

Of course, Eros and Yuri on Ice are my favorite, so I'm going to die when those come on.

OMG SPEAK OF THE DEVIL!!!! AGH AGH!! I'M DYING. The guitar is KILLING it.
Time Bandit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:44 am Reply with quote
willag wrote:
Of course, Eros and Yuri on Ice are my favorite, so I'm going to die when those come on.

I...won't lie...I just woke up my husband and cats when Eros came on cause I literally squealed...oops! Embarassed That spanish guitar was really sexy!

I am also waiting for Yuri on Ice...thats been my alarm tone for ages, and it's just so great. I might have to muzzle myself at this point...lol.
Crisha

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:48 am Reply with quote
Wow, the guys hamming it up and having total fun on stage for Seung-gil's song. I love it. I love it so hard. The flutist with that backbend. Dayum.

Nice, having Yuri on Ice as your ringtone. History Maker has been mine. *thumbs up*
Time Bandit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:53 am Reply with quote
willag wrote:
Wow, the guys hamming it up and having total fun on stage for Seung-gil's song. I love it. I love it so hard. The flutist with that backbend. Dayum.

Nice, having Yuri on Ice as your ringtone. History Maker has been mine. *thumbs up*

Almavivo was never my favorite Yuri song, but my god are they having a BLAST! That performance even got me moving in my chair, lol. Yeah that flutist was awesome, and I loved it when he poked that guy when he was standing stock still with his maracas, lol!

History Maker used to be mine, but the lyrics kept waking up my husband, lol.

OMG...it's INTOXICATED. I'm done. I love this song!! CHRISTOPHE!!!!

...and they follow it up with Tales of a Sleeping Prince. I'm so slayed right now...like...I don't know what to do with myself, lol.
Crisha

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:59 am Reply with quote
Haha, yes it was funny when he poked the guy. Yeah, Almavivo was never really my favorite, but that performance they put on stage made the song so amazing. My least favorites are Michele's (never liked the character) so I'm interested in seeing what they do for those performances.

Yes, Intoxicated! That singer is putting on a real magical performance there. I about swooned during some of his moves.

Oh man, this woman singing for Tales of a Sleeping Prince is gorgeous.

YES, Leo's Still Alive! I love seeing the singers they have for the songs with vocals.

*whoops, I meant Still Alive, not Staying Alive.

Last edited by Crisha on Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Time Bandit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:02 am Reply with quote
Same...Michele might be my least fav as well. But these guys will pull it off after seeing all this. Looking forward to seeing it.

Omg, she is freaking beautiful. And she gave Tales of A Sleeping Prince a good show!

STILL ALIVE!!!!! *swoon* I listen to this one on the regular. So inspirational. And these Guys. Are. KILLING. IT! Dat RAP!!!! <3
Crisha

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:05 am Reply with quote
YES!!! SHALL WE SKATE?!!!!

PHICHIT!!!

I'm totally dancing around the room now.
Time Bandit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:06 am Reply with quote
Omg same!

SHALL WE SKATE!!!!

Seriously, all these vocalists are amazing!!!!!

And...

It's...

JJ TIME!!!!! <3 <3
Crisha

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:10 am Reply with quote
HAHA, Theme of King JJ. I wonder if all of the people singing are the original vocalists. I like how the guy who sang for Shall We Skate? also sings Theme of King JJ.
Time Bandit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:13 am Reply with quote
I've been wondering that myself, honestly, cause these vocalists are nailing it. If they aren't the original singers than they are really doing an amazing job.

Geez, this guy has to be tired doing three songs in a row now, but his voice is really nice.
Crisha

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:16 am Reply with quote
Yes, his voice is gorgeous. I really hope they release a cd of this live show. I will totally jump on that for these amazing renditions of these songs.

Also, I heard that there are possibly going to be one or two new songs being played (for the movie?). I imagine those are coming last.

UGH, the airport scene. MY HEART.

OMG, that little boy singing AGAPE is KILLING IT. I didn't realize it was a kid!!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4