• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Games - Crossing Over

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DRWii

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
It's obvious that Atlus intends to continue the series, and there are two obvious platforms to do so: mobile and Switch. I'm hoping for the latter, but honestly wouldn't mind the former, either (provided there's no gacha).

99.9% chance of Switch, if their history with Mobile is any indication (i.e. no "major" games outside of maybe SMT Liberation, which was developed entirely by Sega anyway).
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Ah, that magical time of the year where we witness a bunch of dudes play fighting games and game companies trot out one or two characters for their upcoming titles. Now let's see if those Simon Belmont in Smash rumors get revived
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:42 pm Reply with quote
EDF5 is an excellent game overall, and a must buy. Speaking of EDF

https://gematsu.com/2018/08/earth-defense-force-iron-rain-details-kindred-rebellion-more-enemies

Iron Rain looks to be more story driven that previous games oh and those wolf spiders will be a real pain on hardest and inferno especially with the self detonating baby spiders they carry, if spiders weren't already enough of a pain in other games.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:34 pm Reply with quote
I was going to mention Senran Kagura: Peach Ball, but it looks like it got covered yesterday on this site when I wasn't looking.

AiddonValentine wrote:
Ah, that magical time of the year where we witness a bunch of dudes play fighting games and game companies trot out one or two characters for their upcoming titles. Now let's see if those Simon Belmont in Smash rumors get revived

Not before I get my Shovel Knight! (Or Shantae...who got a pajamas update earlier this week too.)
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:06 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Somebody from Yakuza in Tekken (come on, guys, you all know Majima's a better fit for Tekken than Kiryu)

B-But Eddie, Yoshimitsu, & Noctis are already in the game Embarassed

Quote:
(This game rules, by the way, but you all knew that already.)

Sure if you don't mind the predictable and shaggy dog elements of the story and the (as always) poorly designed minigames (The Cabaret Club mingame is fun though).

Last edited by BadNewsBlues on Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Spike Terra
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:06 pm Reply with quote
Went to Japan recently and before I went, I had no interest in Taiko Drum Master. After 3 hours of waiting for my laundry to finish it's several cycle processes, I became a Taiko believer. I spent 2000 yen on that game and I regret nothing. I will be buying it when it hits state side.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:28 pm Reply with quote
Or they could release it on the ps4 or xbox. I dont get atlus , they seem to limit certain series to certain consoles, for as far as we know no reason, unless they have some back door exclusive deals. SMT and Eterian on the Nintendo, and Persona on Playstation. There have been exceptions, but unless bound by contract no sense not putting the game on every system possible.
Terry Lang

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:09 pm Reply with quote
LA-MULANA 2 is really cool indeed. So far its everything I hoped it to be. I think I'm doing a slightly better job at solving stuff then the first in the series. Love that there is a think called 'poison lava' in the game.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:49 pm Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
Or they could release it on the ps4 or xbox. I dont get atlus , they seem to limit certain series to certain consoles, for as far as we know no reason, unless they have some back door exclusive deals. SMT and Eterian on the Nintendo, and Persona on Playstation. There have been exceptions, but unless bound by contract no sense not putting the game on every system possible.

Aside from the fact that no one in Japan cares about the Xbox and the fact that handhelds and mobile are more preferred platforms for titles than consoles.
hammu

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:16 pm Reply with quote
small correction: the taiko designers name is Yukiko Yoko, not Yukiko Taro.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1