• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dead or Alive 6 Game's Video Reveals February 2019 Release

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryuherz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:51 pm Reply with quote
{Edit}: Troll post removed. ~ Psycho 101
Lord Oink

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:54 pm Reply with quote
I mean, I kind of expect western games to not have attractive women in these days, but let's not overreact and act like this is common in Japanese games. SNK Heroines just came out, and did you see the swimsuit DLC for Xenoblade 2? Oh lord. Japan still knows whats up.
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:32 am Reply with quote
meh..
I haven't seriously played DOA since 4.. dabbled with 5 a little bit, 5 seemed to be more about costume DLC then anything else. The camera angles and boob physics were pretty amusing. I see 6 as more of the same.. probably a whole ton of costume DLC coming.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:55 am Reply with quote
Lord Oink wrote:
I mean, I kind of expect western games to not have attractive women in these days, but let's not overreact and act like this is common in Japanese games. SNK Heroines just came out, and did you see the swimsuit DLC for Xenoblade 2? Oh lord. Japan still knows whats up.

So are you saying unless they have big tits and show skin the characters are not attractive?
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:14 am Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:

So are you saying unless they have big tits and show skin the characters are not attractive?

Does it matter?

I don't quite get what point your trying to make.. If you want to see eye candy in your games there is nothing wrong with that.
DOA is a franchise known for the "jiggly" and the DLC content will be there to satisfy that client base.

And lets be totally honest here.. Sex sells, PC doesn't.

my .02
Gator Gamer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:29 am Reply with quote
At least Marie is in it. I was worried they were going to ban her.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Stampeed Valkyrie wrote:
Psycho 101 wrote:

Does it matter?

I don't quite get what point your trying to make.. If you want to see eye candy in your games there is nothing wrong with that.

There's a big difference between wanting to see eye candy (Do you see my avatar? I obviously don't mind eye candy), and inferring that the female characters are not attractive because they aren't eye candy and showing everything off. The former is a perfectly fine opinion and many share it, the latter shows a much more unsavory attitude towards women. Hence my question asking if that was exactly what they meant or not.
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:

There's a big difference between wanting to see eye candy (Do you see my avatar? I obviously don't mind eye candy), and inferring that the female characters are not attractive because they aren't eye candy and showing everything off. The former is a perfectly fine opinion and many share it, the latter shows a much more unsavory attitude towards women. Hence my question asking if that was exactly what they meant or not.

First off.. that is a nice avatar.. I just noticed it. Smile

I think your trying to make something out of nothing.

I try not to think the worst when I read things.. maybe I'm in the wrong when I do so.
Lord Oink

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:

I was going off what the guy above said about boobs becoming rare in games these days, probably because of what the producer's been saying about DOA6's direction. Of course it's possible to be attractive without being naked, but both tend to be pretty rare in western gaming these days. AAA western gaming has kind of moved away from that stuff.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Lord Oink wrote:

Of course it's possible to be attractive without being naked, but both tend to be pretty rare in western gaming these days.

Yeah no they’re not.

Lord Oink wrote:

AAA western gaming has kind of moved away from that stuff.

When your history has things like Leisure Suit Larry and Custer’s Revenge makes a whole lot of sense.

Stampeed Valkyrie wrote:

And lets be totally honest here.. Sex sells, PC doesn't.

If that’s the case it makes you wonder why Neatherrealm never made the outfits for their female characters as oversexualized like they did and only did for 9 in X or why that all female Medabots came with the clothing damage came and went.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1