• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Mid-Atlantic Moves to Virginia Beach, Virginia

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
biolizard_alpha

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:38 am Reply with quote
Damn, that's like 10 minutes away from my house...

*checks schedule*
Jedi General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:26 am Reply with quote
Huh. That's too bad for AniZona. I've never attended so perhaps I'll consider attending next year. At least there's still the Phoenix Cactus Comicon (which I will be attending next month).

EDIT: There also appears to be a new Arizona con shaping up for 2008.

Saboten-Con
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Riss

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:48 pm Reply with quote
biolizard_alpha wrote:
Damn, that's like 10 minutes away from my house...

*checks schedule*

same here, only it's more like 5 minutes for me. i know right where it is. it's not far from where i work, and Nekocon used to be there
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
nekotenshi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:09 pm Reply with quote
An awful disappointment for me--I had to drop my plans to attend Anime MidAtlantic because of this. I can get to the Hyatt Regency on the subway, but Virginia Beach is hundreds of miles away and just about impossible. Sad
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:26 am Reply with quote
Well it is a bit of a drive but I might be willing to go myself. I mean I do live in MD so it's not that far per se. In some ways it is nice not having it in DC as I personally don't like going into DC and as such have avoided Katsucon. Then again, Baltimore isn't much better, if not worse then DC, itself. I always hate having to drive into B-more for Otakon every year because it's always filled with congestion, rude people, and more damn construction that never seems to be done. How many bloody years have they been working on 295 right outside of B-more city and it's still not done?! What also turned me off from going to AMA and Katsucon before was I heard there's no parking at the hotels they're hosted in and I don't know DC that well. I sure as hell did not want to take my suit case onto the freaking metro and ride that to the hotel. Evil or Very Mad I go to Nekcon though so I might go to AMA this year since it's not that much further away I think. It helps that Otakon is also in August this year and a bit further away from AMA so I can save up some quick cash between them heh.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1