• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nekopara Visual Novel Gets TV Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Always a mix feeling when they adapt an eroge because they cut out the juicy stuff out u.u, oh well its still gonna be a fun and cute watch wonder how much they gonna cover of it.
Saphiro01

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:13 am Reply with quote
BlackPoint. wrote:
Always a mix feeling when they adapt an eroge because they cut out the juicy stuff out u.u, oh well its still gonna be a fun and cute watch wonder how much they gonna cover of it.

As a long time fan of the series and it's artist Sayori (I knew who she was back in her doujinshi days) I am perfectly okay with more Nekopara in a PG-13 way. Extra was amazing and as long as the same team that worked on the OVA works on the tv series that would be awesome. If the show is only 10 episodes I will be fine with that. Hajigal and even Monmu benefited from being brief enough to not overstay but being super fun while you had them.
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:33 am Reply with quote
I heard various things about these games in the last few years and I’m a bit surprised that this hasn’t occurred earlier. This sounds like it could be fun, but I’ll wait to see a staff announcement and a PV before I have any more thoughts on this.
Trendo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:10 am Reply with quote
Nekopara is not really a Eroge, it contains more than some h-scenes. Also people always forget that some animes are adaptions from such games and even if you say "it has h-scenes, so its a eroge"
Grisaia also had h-scenes, Little Busters, Phantom Requiem of the Thief, FSN etc.
Im okay with that as long there are some ecchi scenes or fanservice, i mean.....the all age version still had them
Ojamajo LimePie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:49 am Reply with quote
Trendo wrote:
Nekopara is not really a Eroge, it contains more than some h-scenes. Also people always forget that some animes are adaptions from such games and even if you say "it has h-scenes, so its a eroge"
Grisaia also had h-scenes, Little Busters, Phantom Requiem of the Thief, FSN etc.
Im okay with that as long there are some ecchi scenes or fanservice, i mean.....the all age version still had them

It's an eroge, but not a nukige.
Trendo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Ojamajo LimePie wrote:
Trendo wrote:

It's an eroge, but not a nukige.
Right? The first one is the type of the game, the last one is more like a specific genre.
Still it doesnt change, that many titles like that are adapted in animes. Some were good, others were bad and I think, after the last OVAs, the anime will be also great as long they go the same route.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Trendo wrote:
Right? The first one is the type of the game, the last one is more like a specific genre.
Still it doesnt change, that many titles like that are adapted in animes. Some were good, others were bad and I think, after the last OVAs, the anime will be also great as long they go the same route.

Eroge can be used to describe any kind of visual novel that has any kind of erotic content. So yes, Nekopara very much applies.
Morry

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:30 am Reply with quote
How did the OVA handle adapting the first game? If it managed to write out the sex and still be a decent watch, that's fine. But the story's not exactly stellar in plot and worldbuilding so I'm worried they won't at least keep the climax to the romance in and just timeskip it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1