• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: ANN Readers: Here's The Most Anticipated Anime for Winter 2019

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Ok, I'm a little shocked Star Twinkle Precure actually made it to the list. I guess we're really excited for Precure IN SPACE! Surprised
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:30 pm Reply with quote
FML I don't remember seeing this poll at all.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:16 pm Reply with quote
I can never remember what I voted for in these polls unless I go out of my way to make a note of it, which I rarely do, and there's no way to check on it later, so I have no idea if I'd change my vote or not. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
relyat08

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:54 pm Reply with quote
Wow, it's kind of saddening to see Kemono Friends 2 rank higher than Kemurikusa, even though the only reason the former was ever good was because of the creator of the latter. Crying or Very sad
I guess it's better than the Charapedia poll though.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:40 pm Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
Wow, it's kind of saddening to see Kemono Friends 2 rank higher than Kemurikusa, even though the only reason the former was ever good was because of the creator of the latter. Crying or Very sad

I guess the backlash to TATSUKI's mistreatment by the Kadokawa did not convert into support his other projects, or at least not enough to put it over the sequel. Many don't really look into who is making each show anyways, so perhaps its not surprising that the name recognition of the title would win out over the recognition of the creator. And just because one may have thought the company treated them poorly, that doesn't necessarily mean one is interested in that creator's work generally speaking, even if they and their team almost singlehandedly made the property a hit.
donhumberto

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:42 am Reply with quote
Really solid top 5 IMO. I'm not the biggest Mob fan but I guess I can see why it's so popular (and don't really care for Shield Hero) but the other 3 put pretty much the rest of this season to shame. I can easily see Boogiepop, Dororo and Promised Neverland making it into my top 10 of the year if they continue to be this good.
relyat08

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:44 pm Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:
relyat08 wrote:

I guess the backlash to TATSUKI's mistreatment by the Kadokawa did not convert into support his other projects, or at least not enough to put it over the sequel. Many don't really look into who is making each show anyways, so perhaps its not surprising that the name recognition of the title would win out over the recognition of the creator. And just because one may have thought the company treated them poorly, that doesn't necessarily mean one is interested in that creator's work generally speaking, even if they and their team almost singlehandedly made the property a hit.

The level of backlash was so prominent and public that it almost seemed as well-known as the show itself ever was, honestly. So I'm a little surprised it didn't seem to translate into less interest, both in Japan and Internationally, for the franchise.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:15 pm Reply with quote
I suppose most fans feel like a boycott of Kemono Friends is pointless at this point in time if Kadokawa is going to push forward with a sequel regardless of the initial backlash. Many anime fans in general seem to care more about the franchise and characters of a show itself than they do what goes on behind the scenes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1