• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Fate/Grand Order User Survey Reveals 20% of Respondents Spent Over 200,000 Yen in 2018

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
T.Silver

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Of course Skadi was number 1, I see her on everyone's support list lol
XerneasYveltal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:57 pm Reply with quote
The gacha rates are the most infamous part about F/GO. Apparently, the "Gacha is bad civilization" meme that spawned from the Learning with Manga webcomics is still all the more relevant as a result.

Scáthach-Skaði gave rise to Quick-based team compositions involving her, which explains why she has become a fan favorite to save and spend their Saint Quartz for despite the immense popularity of Merlin.
T.Silver

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:05 pm Reply with quote
And the fact she's a Scathach face and cute af
Takizawa-Shinzou

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:18 pm Reply with quote
" 982 respondents"

This survey size is way too small to be useful. Only the most hardcore people are likely to bother and those are more likely to have whalers among them.
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Takizawa-Shinzou wrote:
" 982 respondents"

This survey size is way too small to be useful. Only the most hardcore people are likely to bother and those are more likely to have whalers among them.

Most election polls have around that number of respondents too, but they use modelling techniques to try and estimate the results for the actual "voting" groups... A similar thing should be possible to take this raw data and extrapolate to all Fate Players, if they treated this data seriously.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:45 pm Reply with quote
samuelp wrote:
Takizawa-Shinzou wrote:
" 982 respondents"

Most election polls have around that number of respondents too, but they use modelling techniques to try and estimate the results for the actual "voting" groups... A similar thing should be possible to take this raw data and extrapolate to all Fate Players, if they treated this data seriously.

Agreed. This was the most surprising thing to me about college stats class, that you can get solid results from what look like very small sample sizes. Of course, the key is how randomly they were selected. If this survey was self-selected, and especially if it was something where you’d have to be in the game to see it, it would bias towards whales.
CatSword

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:16 pm Reply with quote
So when are the Fate/GO rehab centers starting?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:47 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The largest amount of money spent by one respondent was 10 million yen (US$91,831).

DEAR GOD. WHY.
Kurohei

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:03 am Reply with quote
I used to buy Yu-Gi-Oh cards and I easily spent over $1000 on those guys. 5 bucks here and there totals up faster than you think. I guess it's kinda the same thing.
dark_bozu

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:29 am Reply with quote
200,000 yen in a whole year? I bet this is an average amount, not even near whale level Laughing

Every game has it's pros and cons. FGO is not an exception - while low summon rates is indeed not a pleasant thing, I love Delight Works/Type-Moon policy about servants - they're creating valuable characters, with its own pesonality, story, not just some sort of cards. There's huge amount of fan favorite original servants in FGO like Valkyrie, Hokusai, Abby, Anastasia, Dantes etc.

And what I love the most - those servants aren't powercreeped. Plus, FGO's creators (DW) update old servants, to make them stronger (to compete with new servants in terms of utility) and update their animations, so you would love to use them. Plus, there's no PVP, so you won't be frustrated that some whale has much more powerful servants and has advantage against you.
Chrizy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:31 am Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
Quote:
The largest amount of money spent by one respondent was 10 million yen (US$91,831).

DEAR GOD. WHY.

Never underestimate the power of virtual waifus / husubandos
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:21 am Reply with quote
As Sonic says "That's no good".

The gaming industry in Japan is doomed with a capital D. Enjoy your new console and PC releases while you still can.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:58 am Reply with quote
T.Silver wrote:

From what I understand that's bcs of her being on the 3rd anniversary banner
T.Silver

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:50 pm Reply with quote
#891604 wrote:
T.Silver wrote:

From what I understand that's bcs of her being on the 3rd anniversary banner
Its not only that, her skill set increased the effectiveness of quick focused teams 10 fold, a double skadi farming comp is the best for farming, she's a Scathach face(Scathach is already one of the most popular characters in the game), and she has great personality.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:57 pm Reply with quote
I don’t think I’ve spent anything on that game. I started up an account a long time ago but didn’t really get into it. Lately I’ve been all about Fortnite. I feel like that is loot box done right.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2