• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Love Live! Sunshine!! The School Idol Movie Over the Rainbow Film Earns Nearly 100 Million Yen

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kiminobokuwa

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:03 am Reply with quote
That's amazing!!! Congrats girls!!!
LvlfiveShipper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:27 am Reply with quote
IT's a lot of money for an anime film, but can't help but feel that next to the first movie, is just... Not a victory.

Same case with Dragon Ball, but I can understand why that one took the lead.
CallumKeyblade

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:19 am Reply with quote
Muse were a cultural phenomenon so it was always going to be hard for Aqours to follow them. The anime Idol genre is becoming a lot more saturated so I don't think we'll see another group dominate the scene as much as Muse did. But Aqours are very talented and can fill Tokyo Dome so their popularity isn't to be sniffed at, it's just not at the level of their predecessors.
CallumKeyblade

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:49 am Reply with quote
Also, the figure of just under ¥100 million is for the two days of the weekend - over the three days it was ¥274 million
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:09 pm Reply with quote
CallumKeyblade wrote:
Muse were a cultural phenomenon so it was always going to be hard for Aqours to follow them. The anime Idol genre is becoming a lot more saturated so I don't think we'll see another group dominate the scene as much as Muse did. But Aqours are very talented and can fill Tokyo Dome so their popularity isn't to be sniffed at, it's just not at the level of their predecessors.

Hopefully the box office growth isn't too slow that it could at least reach a billion yen. It's rather curious that they released this movie around the New Year.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1