• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Steins;Gate Elite PS4, PC, Switch Game's Trailer Previews Story

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sir Daniel Fortesque

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:20 am Reply with quote
Should have dubbed it. No dub no buy
Cain Highwind

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:11 am Reply with quote
Sir Daniel Fortesque wrote:

Just saw this game for the first time on the eshop and I agree. Absolutely LOVE the dub and don’t want to play this any other way.
Azumi14

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:01 am Reply with quote
I am subs all the way on Steins Gate. Kana Hanazawa, Asami Imai, Haruko Momoi and everyone else are the best cast for Steins gate. I have my PS4 copy already pre ordered.
Nyghtwynd

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:05 am Reply with quote
Cain Highwind wrote:

Just saw this game for the first time on the eshop and I agree. Absolutely LOVE the dub and don’t want to play this any other way.

i don't think any full visual novel i have seen has been dubbed. VNs simply aren't. It would be extremely expensive. I doubt any vn, dubbed or not, would sell enough copies to offset. Its too niche a market.
yanv

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:31 am Reply with quote

Believe it or not, future releases might get the dubbing treatment if you invest now.
Siegfriedl88

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:28 pm Reply with quote

I agree with you for animes, but VNs are different. not once have i played one that was dubbed, cant expect something too happen that never happened before...i played both steins gate and steins gate 0 for the vita(along with dozens of other VNs) and it never took away from my enjoyment with a lack of dub.

Im getting the switch version, but im far more annoyed by the fact that they are dividing the extra content based on the version your getting.
Mhora

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, of course I would want my Japanese characters in Japan to speak English. Anime hyper
rizuchan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Nyghtwynd wrote:
I don't think any full visual novel i have seen has been dubbed. VNs simply aren't. It would be extremely expensive. I doubt any vn, dubbed or not, would sell enough copies to offset. Its too niche a market.

Steins;gate Elite is different though. 99% of the lines are taken straight from the anime, so it would have required very little actual recording to do a dub.

That said, I don't know how remotely feasible it would have been to obtain those dub recordings from Funimation, but I had a vague hope that if ever there were a dubbed VN, it would be this one.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
louis6578

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:25 am Reply with quote
After the atrocity that was Steins Gate 0, do we even want an anime version of this one?
Rise Of The Research Hero

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:35 am Reply with quote
The very first Phenogram opening is one of the most amazing things I've ever seen. Just a game opening. The first time I saw it, it hit me so hard I weeped. I had really great headphones on. I'm sure that helped. It was like... somebody that REALLY loves the series created it and you can tell. Somebody that really knows the story. Somebody that can imagine what the flow of spacetime should look like, then render that timed to music. I think it was also the first time anybody had ever done spatial placement of drawn characters into live action in that style. Again, just a video game opening. Look for it on YouTube if you haven't seen. A lot of it was also timing. I has only finished the first series. I missed these characters I loved so much. Then somebody created this love letter to them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnkLN6kZdvU
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:38 pm Reply with quote
I loved the original Steins Gate and it's one of my favorite sci-fi anime. I've always wanted to play the VN so I'm excited it's coming to the Switch.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1