• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Cygames' Princess Connect! Re:Dive Smartphone Game Gets TV Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WANNFH

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:10 am Reply with quote
At first I thought that they go with Shadowverse first... but hell yeah, PriConne is a good choice - the game quality is so good, main female trio with Pecorinne/Kokkoro/Kyaru are lovely and it's totally deserve being more known to broader audience... shame that they still not have English even for Asia region.
tootbrush

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:48 am Reply with quote
Oh, so that's why Shadowverse is getting PriConne leaders later this year.

I wish they'd ditch the harem lead though. Dude has less personality than the most generic LN protagonist you can think of.
tsukumiyomi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:41 pm Reply with quote
CaRoss

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:27 pm Reply with quote
I am so excited about this adaptation. Hopefully it's slightly more similar to Rage of Bahamut than it is to the Granblue Fantasy anime. I enjoyed both, but PriConne seems more ripe to get to the more interesting story stuff than GBF was. So hopefully it's a CGDCT Rage of Bahamut adventure.

tsukumiyomi wrote:

After playing through the GBF event for this series that doesn't surprise me in the slightest. I really think that Pecorine is bi based on how she reacted to everyone and everything. Makes it very easy to avoid the harem route through that.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:36 pm Reply with quote
CaRoss wrote:
I am so excited about this adaptation. Hopefully it's slightly more similar to Rage of Bahamut than it is to the Granblue Fantasy anime. I enjoyed both, but PriConne seems more ripe to get to the more interesting story stuff than GBF was. So hopefully it's a CGDCT Rage of Bahamut adventure.
Well, GBF event story isn't even much represent what PriConne really is... especially the part that PriConne is actually .hack/SAO relative with VRMMO setting instead of proper fantasy.
Quote:
After playing through the GBF event for this series that doesn't surprise me in the slightest. I really think that Pecorine is bi based on how she reacted to everyone and everything. Makes it very easy to avoid the harem route through that.
Peco being Peco, she is just too genki to care about it. And yeah, it's kinda easy too not go full harem way (because MC is there literally for just existing as player placeholder and tying up the story with the first Priconne, and he is have literally second to none personality because of it), but the romance scenes with MC totally can happen. Especially with Kokkoro, who is completely devoted spoiler[11 years old IRL, that's a real deal] to her MC master from the very beginning.
Juno016

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Or they can go the Idolmaster way and turn the MC from a generic PC into a meaningful character worthy of his own fans.
CaRoss

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Juno016 wrote:
Or they can go the Idolmaster way and turn the MC from a generic PC into a meaningful character worthy of his own fans.

Now that is what I always want and why the KanColle anime pissed me off so much compares to the Touken Ranbu ones.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1