• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Attack on Titan Season 3 Part 2 Anime Unveils New Visual

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:10 am Reply with quote
Well, here comes the absolute climax of (first part of) Attack on Titan!! I am hopeful that these 10 episodes will elevate many people’s already-high opinion of this series to new height.

Last edited by Engineering Nerd on Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:27 am; edited 1 time in total
sim0n2170

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:27 am Reply with quote
Assistant Director is actually Tetsuya Wakano. Wakano replaced Tanaka.
rtil

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:47 am Reply with quote
only 10 eps, bummer. that tease at the very end of pt 1 was all i needed to get me excited for this, though.
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:01 am Reply with quote
rtil wrote:
only 10 eps, bummer. that tease at the very end of pt 1 was all i needed to get me excited for this, though.

To be frank, this is a very action-centric arc, 10 episodes is just enough to cover the entire story AND answer most of the questions we have in the three previous seasons. Anything more than that will plague the pacing.
Heishi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:32 am Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:
Well, here comes the absolute climax of (first part of) Attack on Titan!! I am hopeful that these 10 episodes will elevate many people’s already-high opinion of this series to new height.

Here's to making Attack on Titan big again!
NJ_

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:19 pm Reply with quote
I don't follow the manga (used to buy some but that was for the subbed OVA DVDs that came with the LEs) but for those who do, when does it start getting bad? I have seen a lot of complaints over it in recent months and would like to know for sure for when the anime gets to that point (and if you want to go into detail, please use the spoiler tag).
jdnation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:21 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
I don't follow the manga (used to buy some but that was for the subbed OVA DVDs that came with the LEs) but for those who do, when does it start getting bad? I have seen a lot of complaints over it in recent months and would like to know for sure for when the anime gets to that point (and if you want to go into detail, please use the spoiler tag).

I've personally still been enjoying the manga, and I don't feel it has ever gotten 'bad.'

But the portion I imagine people are referring to regards the revelations that will either come at the end of this season, or the beginning of the next one, with quite a bit of flashbacks.

So I can see people being divided on either liking where this is going or not liking it.

Though there are also those who feel it got bad a long time ago once it became clear that the world outside the walls became more exposed and it wasn't going to live up to some fantasy-like expectations we might've imagined as to what lay on the other side.

This will be much the same sort of thing here, as more of the outside world comes into focus.

I personally dig it. And see it as continuing to build upon its own ongoing themes since the beginning.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:05 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:

The anime has already passed the arc that the franchise's most vocal detractors have pointed to as the point the manga "starts getting bad". Frankly, most of the complaints over the past few months have felt to me like the usual "___ has plot armor because the author doesn't want to upset the fangirls who draw yaoi of him", "A couldn't beat B in a fight, this is BS", "this manga has gone downhill since [the point I caught up with the story and started having to wait for monthly updates]" complaining that seems to plague every shonen near the end of its run. After a while, scanlation site comments sections kind of bleed together for me.
Ethe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, it really depends on who you ask. For me, the manga just kept getting better and better until the latest two chapters.There were some silly revelations that may break the story for me.
FlyGuySempai

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:30 pm Reply with quote
When this is over, I will NEVER watch this series again.
Edylson

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:41 pm Reply with quote
sim0n2170 wrote:
Assistant Director is actually Tetsuya Wakano. Wakano replaced Tanaka.

They ad another AD and i heard that it might be bad from a production standpoint!! Now currently they have 4 AD wich never happened before, do you think it the season will have terrible animation?!!
Edylson

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:43 pm Reply with quote
FlyGuySempai wrote:
When this is over, I will NEVER watch this series again.

And you are saying that because...?!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1