• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Reki Kawahara Reflects on 10 Years of Sword Art Online

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Siegfriedl88

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:22 pm Reply with quote
huuge fan...buy all his stuff, but he seems too have a difficult time finishing his series.
As much as i love SAO and accel world, i want too read more isolator!

I get it though , with how much of a cash cow SAO is, i would milk that franchise for every penny i could if it were me.
Zeino

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:00 pm Reply with quote
And he is still a bad writer 10 years later. I mean he only learned last year that sexual assault as a dramatic device is something you handle with care and don't constantly go to it as first resort to make your audience hate your villains.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:42 pm Reply with quote
I hope he is reflecting on how bad of a writer he is. But I suppose that is true of most LN authors.
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:45 pm Reply with quote
Happy 10th anniversary SAO. And heres to many more.
zunderdog24

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:29 pm Reply with quote
No thanks.
Frog-kun
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:30 pm Reply with quote
You guys can knock it off with the insults. "I hope he is reflecting on how bad of a writer he is." As if him writing a story you didn't like was a personal slight against you.
zunderdog24

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:36 pm Reply with quote
Frog-kun wrote:
You guys can knock it off with the insults. "I hope he is reflecting on how bad of a writer he is." As if him writing a story you didn't like was a personal slight against you.

It is personal. It's been personal ever since the fairy arc.
ThatGuyWhoLikesThings

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:45 pm Reply with quote
zunderdog24 wrote:
Frog-kun wrote:

It is personal. It's been personal ever since the fairy arc.

If it's personal, you made it personal. That's all on you, don't even kid yourself otherwise.

I couldn't care less about SAO, I think it's overall pretty poor myself and even I find the hostile, condescending and entitled attitude on here pretty disgusting.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:57 pm Reply with quote
Frog-kun wrote:

And why do you get offended? I am not attacking YOU.
Robiii

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:24 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Frog-kun wrote:

Probably becuz most people are tired of hearing the same “SAO is bad” cancer for about trillion times? Find yourselves a new punching bag already, everyone.
With that said, Season 3 was actually very good, despite me not liking the first two entries. So to me, the author has redeemed itself.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:13 am Reply with quote
Robiii wrote:
With that said, Season 3 was actually very good, despite me not liking the first two entries. So to me, the author has redeemed itself.

I really don't see how that changed anything for you. Season 3 is literally the same shit in a new game. It has all of the original problems drawn out over a much longer period of time.

I don't mean this to sound like I'm hating on the author. I think Accel World is well done. I think parts of SAO are well done. I actually like SAO in general. However, Kirito continuously goes into a new game with the same shtick which is a real drag. It was fine, but he just keeps repeating the same path. The only parts that don't end up like that are the ones where Kirito is sidelined like Mother's Rosario and spoiler[season 4].
Utsuro no Hako

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:49 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:

Nobody said they were offended. But going into a discussion about a light novel author and declaring that most light novels suck is trolling -- this is what people used to do on Usenet in the '90s when they wanted to start a flamewar.
Siegfriedl88

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:53 am Reply with quote
Frog-kun wrote:

Would be nice...but its what people do on the internet Razz
got used too the sao hate for a while now
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:34 am Reply with quote
Whenever I go to the comment sections i always get disappointed... After this many years I should know better than to expect anything else.

That's said, congrats to him, tho the 10 year mark is kinda strange... The WN to LN transition didn't change the plot progression that much, so you could argue that SAO's on its way to 2 decades. Lol
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:11 am Reply with quote
Time goes by really quick, an amazing franchise that brought me lots of enjoyment watching it, hope it stays around for many more years to come !
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2