• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Midstream Licenses B't X Neo OVA Series, Reveals English Dub Trailer

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:40 pm Reply with quote
I love that Sound Cadence dubs are just FUNimation dubs without the restriction keeping the TFS inner circle from acting in them.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Takkun4343 wrote:
I love that Sound Cadence dubs are just FUNimation dubs without the restriction keeping the TFS inner circle from acting in them.

But Kaiser, Lani, and Masako have all been in Funi dubs...
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:36 pm Reply with quote
I'm kinda surprised Anime Midstream is still around, since they barely did anything noteworthy before this. Maybe this means they'll become a more noticeable company? But the last time they attempted to dub an old anime, they wound up moving to another state and couldn't dub that series anymore. Here's hoping their newest attempt is successful this time around.
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:52 pm Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
Takkun4343 wrote:

But Kaiser, Lani, and Masako have all been in Funi dubs...

They have, yes, but after Toei nixed the TFS dub of the Cell Games Reenactment Movie from being featured in DBZ Kai: The Final Chapters, the main TFS crew - Lani, Kaiser, Taka and Masako, plus maybe a few others - were "greylisted" from all future FUNimation dubs indefinitely.

This doesn't extend to beyond the core cast, though, as Chris Guerrero and Amber Lee Connors have managed to get lead and supporting roles in several recent FUNi dubs, up to and including minor roles in DB Super.
macattack

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:17 am Reply with quote
Takkun4343 wrote:
They have, yes, but after Toei nixed the TFS dub of the Cell Games Reenactment Movie from being featured in DBZ Kai: The Final Chapters, the main TFS crew - Lani, Kaiser, Taka and Masako, plus maybe a few others - were "greylisted" from all future FUNimation dubs indefinitely.

This doesn't extend to beyond the core cast, though, as Chris Guerrero and Amber Lee Connors have managed to get lead and supporting roles in several recent FUNi dubs, up to and including minor roles in DB Super.

I believe Chris Guerrero and Amber Lee Connors are not considered official TFS employees but independent contractors hired by TFS. That's why they can still dub for FUNimation, they're not actually part of the company.

Pretty sure the condition to let TFS back in is to kill DBZA and possibly take it offline. I have no real evidence to support this but that's just my hypothesis considering Toei's fairly obvious dislike for TFS.

Anyway, Sound Cadence has usually done a good job from what I've seen so I am going to need to check this dub out. It'd be nice to see Bt'X in something not fansub-quality, plus Akira Senju's score is pure 90's anime in all of its glory.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Hell yes. I'm still working through the set, but they're doing an amazing job on the dub so this is great news.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1